Site Reliability Engineer
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Anywhere
Category: DevOps / Sysadmin
We've developed an online service which automates sales lead generation for B2B companies. Leadfeeder helps over 3000 paying customers to identify who visits their website, qualify the leads based on their behaviour, and convert the most promising visitors into sales leads.
Our 30+ strong in-house, all-remote engineering team is responsible for developing new features, and otherwise improving and maintaining the Leadfeeder product.
We are organised in feature-oriented, cross-functional squads. Each squad is responsible for specific features of the product, and works tightly together with high autonomy. Depending on the product area, squads are comprised of Backend and Frontend Engineers, Designers, and are always paired with a Product Manager. We believe in listening to everyone's ideas and feedback – no matter what your role is, you get to have a say in the product and technical decisions of your squad.
About this job
We are looking for a talented Site Reliability Engineer to join us and be part of the team responsible for improving and scaling the cloud infrastructure powering Leadfeeder. Keeping our service fast, reliable, and secure, is one of the key parts of how we succeed every day helping thousands of our customers know more about their website visitors.
Infrastructure as Code and Automation is at the core of what we do: You'll work to enable and support our product and engineering teams to spin up, maintain and monitor the necessary infrastructure they need to run their applications and services.
As part of our Site Reliability Engineering team, you’ll get the opportunity to work and develop your skills in a varied range of cool technologies we use such as Terraform, Kubernetes, Istio, Elasticsearch, and from Amazon Web Services (where our infrastructure resides): DynamoDB, Kinesis, Lambda or Aurora, to name a few.
- Improve our automated cloud infrastructure on AWS
- Automate technical operations: deployments, scaling, recovery, etc.
- Monitor and analyze the Leadfeeder infrastructure and applications with tools like New Relic, AWS CloudWatch, Prometheus and ELK Stack
- Analyze and improve system reliability, performance and cost-effectiveness
Essentials skills and expertise
- Good teamwork and communication skills (English)
- Capability to work remotely
- We expect minimum four hours of overlap with central European working hours
- Experience operating production-grade web applications
- Experience working on cloud infrastructure and related services, especially Amazon Web Services
- Experience with Docker container-based technologies, such as Kubernetes or AWS ECS
- Experience with Terraform
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking
- Linux server experience
- Programming skills
- Experience managing databases, both relational (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL) and non-relational (e.g. AWS DynamoDB, Cassandra)
- Serverless computing, such as AWS Lambda
- Configuration management tools (e.g Ansible, Chef)
- Ruby on Rails
Our hiring process
After we've received and reviewed your application, there are a number of stages in our process:
- Initial video call. You'll get to learn more about the role and our company, and we'll learn how you communicate and what are you looking for in the job.
- Technical interview. Qualified candidates proceed to our technical interview, where we ask more in-depth technical questions.
- Home assignment. We'll test your coding skills in building a small application. You can do this at home on your own time. The assignments usually take about 4-6 hours to complete.
- Assignment review and skills interview. After our team has reviewed your assignment, we invite you to the next interview. We'll provide feedback and ask questions about your code. This interview also includes some pair-programming, where we do some improvements or additional features to your project.
- Culture interview. The final step before decisions. Great cultural fit is highly important in our remote team. We also want to give you as much as possible information on how it is to work at Leadfeeder and what our culture is like.
All interviews are done remotely over video calls, but of course if you happen to be in the same city with some of our team members we're happy to organize a meeting on site.
- Competitive base pay
- Possibility to work remotely for everyone
- An interesting and growing field of business
- Great support from your new colleagues
- The chance to work with cool and exciting technologies
- A chance to be part of the next Finnish success story
- Fun events with the whole crew
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Anywhere.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈