(Senior) Technical Architect
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: UK Only
Category: DevOps / Sysadmin
Since our establishment in 1990, Methods has partnered with a range of central government departments and agencies to transform the way the public sector operates in the UK.
Our mission is to improve and safeguard public-facing services. We apply digital thinking to ensure the future of our public services is centred around our citizens.
Our human touch sets us apart from other consultancies, system integrators and software houses - we have a customer-centric value system whereby we focus on delivering what is right for our clients.
We passionately support our clients in the success of their projects while working collaboratively to share skill sets and solve problems. At Methods we have fun while working hard; we are not afraid of making mistakes and learning from them.
As a Senior Technical Architect you will be involved in projects during all parts of the lifecycle from initial reports or proposals (including marketing) through to the design and delivery, you’ll be responsible for defining the overall structure of a program or system.
As a key person in the project structure your responsibilities will encompass both technical areas and non-technical such as stakeholder management, client expectation management, line management, etc. You may have to act as project manager, overseeing IT assignments that are aimed at improving the business, and ensuring all parts of the project run smoothly.
Because you’ll be working from start to finish on each project, it’s essential to understand all aspects of each system, from both a business and technical point of view.
- In depth knowledge of public and hybrid cloud service providers Amazon Web Services and Crown Hosting/On-Premise in the context of data centric capabilities leveraging Platform/Software/Function as a Service in conjunction with a Micro Service orientated Architecture (MSoA).
- Knowledge of configuration management and Infrastructure as Code tooling and principles
- Past experience setting up build pipelines, automated deployments, etc. with Gitlab CI or other CI/CD tools using GitFlow
- Experience with automated testing, test-driven development and/or behaviour-driven development leveraging the Agile Testing Framework
- Experience architecting solutions with HTTP APIs and RESTful web services in line with the OpenAPI specifications
- Passion for designing, building and operating excellent software solutions to meet a diverse and challenging set of business and user need
- Experience of working with Agile methodologies (a mix of techniques including Scrum and Kanban, on individual projects and at scale) as part of a multi-skilled multi-disciplinary remote team
- · Experience in defining, evolving and leading the implementation of strategic architecture initiatives following established enterprise and architecture frameworks such as TOGAF ·
- Experience of reshaping and re-platforming away from legacy systems as part of technology transformation roadmaps whilst managing technical debt and risk ·
- Experience of undertaking a detailed, structured analysis of technical issues, translating into technical designs that describe a solution back with transitional stages and roadmaps managing business and technical risk ·
- Understanding of cyber security issues and security architecture related to cloud and hybrid platforms within secure and compliance driven environments.
Methods is passionate about its people; we want our colleagues to develop the things they are good at and enjoy.
By joining us you can expect
Autonomy to develop and grow your skills and experience
Be part of exciting project work that is making a difference in society
Strong, inspiring and thought-provoking leadership
A supportive and collaborative environment
As well as this, we offer:
Development access to LinkedIn Learning, a management development programme and training
Wellness 24/7 Confidential employee assistance programme
Social - office parties, pizza Friday and commitment to charitable causes
Time off 25 days a year
Pension Salary Exchange Scheme with 4% employer contribution and 5% employee contribution
Discretionary Company Bonus based on company and individual performance
Life Assurance of 4 times base salary
Private Medical Insurance
Worldwide Travel Insurance which is non-contributory (spouse and dependants included
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: UK Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈