(Senior) Systems Administrator
2 weeks ago
Job type: Contract
Hiring from: Canada Only
Category: DevOps / Sysadmin
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR REMOTE WORK YOU MUST RESIDE IN QUEBEC
This job application remains open even when we don’t have roles available. If you would like to be considered, please apply and we will contact you as soon as we have an opening
MR. X is composed of a unique and gifted team of artists, filmmakers and programmers devoted to the art, craft and technology of visual storytelling. Our talented staff, committed to quality above all else, has achieved some of the most original and photo-realistic visual effects and animation seen on film to date. If you have the imagination, talent and drive, then MR. X is looking for you.
Under the guidance and supervision of the Head of Systems, the Senior Systems Administrator is responsible for supporting, developing and operating top of the line, high-end infrastructure containing hundreds of servers, PB of fast storage and high throughput switching.
We are looking for someone with a SRE/DevOps mindset, multitasker, out of the box thinker, to complete our team of dynamic systems administrators. If you like a challenge and want to learn and experience hands on work on many technologies, this is the place.
- Responsible for the health and operations of local network, storage and systems
- Administer and manage high performance storage platforms and systems
- Administer Windows and Linux based servers
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex issues through thorough technical understanding of large scale networking and routing
- Communicate with multiple global technology support teams on a daily basis
- Proactively use monitoring tools to forecast technology areas requiring attention on a daily basis
- Identify and remediate storage and network bottlenecks, infrastructure-wide
- Ensure the timely and successful completion of all data backups
- Manage the data center power and cooling systems
- Communicate with operations staff surrounding technology issues
- 5 years or more experience supporting a hybrid (Linux and Windows) desktop and server environment.
- Familiarity of VFX/media production environments would be a plus
- Understanding of Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, NFS v4,LDAP,Domain Policy, SSSD,GIT, Puppet,PXE,PowerShell, 801.2x
- Knowledge of switching networks & associated protocols
- Understanding of NAS,FC,DAS,SAN.
- Knowledge of Bash and/or Python would be a plus
- Ability to operate within and foster a team environment.
- Decision making, analytical and problem solving skills
- Communication, ability to explain complex systems in simple terms.
- Working with other departments to understand needs and recommend solutions
- Project management, ability to work with tight deadlines.
- Good communication skills
- Time management, availability to do after hours and weekend work when necessary.
Please click here to review our privacy notices for job applicants.
If you require assistance applying, please reach out to [email protected] and we'll be happy to assist.
TECHNICOLOR IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Technicolor complies and prohibits against discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state/provincial or local law.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Canada Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈