(Senior) Site Reliability Engineer
2 months ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: DevOps / Sysadmin
Openly is one of the fastest-growing Insurtechs in the country, building a next-generation insurance company from the ground up. We've launched our homeowners product with great success in five states and are looking to expand into twenty-five states by the end of 2021. We're paying close attention to the way customers want insurance to work, and questioning the way things have been done in this industry for over a hundred years - everything from how insurance is quoted and sold, to the frustrating back-end operations that waste money. Insurance is filled with interesting engineering problems that need a fresh perspective. You can watch our Techstars 2018 Demo Day video to learn more about what we've built.
This isn't something we've undertaken on a whim - the founding team brings executive-level experience from Liberty Mutual Insurance and Goldman Sachs, with mastery in actuarial science, computer engineering, math, and finance (MIT, Duke, and the University of Michigan). The rest of the team are key early hires who are experts in their respective fields of statistics, actuarial science, and engineering.
We're backed by a select group of deeply knowledgeable and dedicated investors. Our seed round was led by Gradient Ventures (Google's AI fund) and Obvious Ventures, a socially-minded top-tier VC behind companies like Beyond Meat and Medium, led our recent Series A.
Openly is hiring a Senior Site Reliability Engineer whose priority will be to develop tooling and support the systems that power our insurance products. Some of the stuff we'd love help with:
- Building internal tooling to help other engineers and the rest of the company understand and operate our system
- Designing and implementing security best practices for our team and infrastructure
- Reducing toil through automation, including building and maintaining CI/CD infrastructure
- Building infrastructure as code using declarative provisioning tools
- Developing high signal-to-noise ratio monitoring and alerting policies and technology to help us meet our SLOs
- Leading incident response and postmortems
- Contributing to important architectural and operational decisions like microservices vs. monoliths, deployment techniques, technologies, policies, etc.
- Computer science or engineering college degree, or equivalent experience
- You're willing to learn Go
- You're comfortable with infrastructure automation tools and techniques
- You understand the consequences of running software in production and are willing to share your knowledge with the rest of the team
- You need to have excellent communication skills
- Backend/Core: Go & Postgresql
- Frontend: Browser-based, VueJS & Webpack
- Research/Data Science: R, ArcGIS, H2O & Python
- Single binary for now, but separate services are likely later
- Our infrastructure runs on Google Cloud. We use: GKE, Cloud Run, Cloud Build, and CloudSQL. We use gitlab for both code hosting and running CI/CD pipelines.
- Competitive salary based on experience and equity in a fast-growing startup
- Competitive benefits packages include medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, 401(k) contribution, flexible spending accounts, and work from home stipend
- Generous and fully company-paid parental leave policy
- “Work-from-anywhere” company that has fully embraced remote working, even before COVID restrictions
- Flexible PTO
- Fun, high energy startup environment
- Training, coaching, and development with an eye towards upward growth and mobility within roles at a new, growing insurtech firm
Openly is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristics protected under applicable law. Openly is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Openly, will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈