(Senior) Security Engineer
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Germany Only
Category: DevOps / Sysadmin
At Upvest, we are building the financial infrastructure of tomorrow. Our vision is to create a world in which any asset can be owned and traded digitally by anyone, anywhere. Our bold long-term view is backed by Europe's largest tech VCs Earlybird, Notion Capital, Partech and HV Capital. Today, we count 28 talented people from 14 different countries and we want to keep expanding our team of Upvengers.
We’re looking for a passionate multidisciplinary Senior Security Engineer to join our Security team and help design, maintain and audit our services, infrastructure and processes. The goal of the Security team at Upvest is to help move security to the left, assist teams with producing secure solutions, and develop strong internal security controls and processes.
As Security Engineer, you don’t need to have any prior experience with blockchain technology, although an understanding of cryptographic primitives (such as cryptographic algorithms and keys) are highly beneficial. We’re an English-speaking team, so no German knowledge will be required.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Report to our Chief Security Officer to support on a wide range cybersecurity tasks
- Work with Product and Engineering as security Subject Matter Expert (SME) and provide application security design and solution architecture support
- Conduct secure architecture reviews and threat modelling workshops with the teams to identify security risks and ensure security requirements are defined
- Work with Engineering and Platform (DevSecOps) to improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
- Develop solutions that augment internal security monitoring, and strengthen controls and processes
- Use penetration testing techniques and methodologies to strengthen our internal and external applications and services
- Take part in incident management activities if a security event occurs
- A real passion for information security, staying abreast of developments in the field, and a desire to share knowledge and educate others
- At least 5 years of experience working in cyber security
- A strong foundation in general cybersecurity practices with deep technical knowledge in web application/API security
- Prior experience with Cloud computing and security (ideally with Google Cloud Platform)
- Knowledge of our modern tech-stack (Golang, Python, Postgres, Docker, k8s) is a plus
- Experience with Secure Development Lifecycle is a plus
- Knowledge of blockchain and cryptographic topics is a plus
- Confident understanding of Linux and macOS
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts to other Upvengers
- Exciting opportunity to build the future of digital securities!
- A young, dynamic and fast-growing startup with flat hierarchies and open communication
- As we strongly believe in personal development, we offer private coaching sessions and educational budget
- A modern office in the heart of Berlin Mitte, a brand-new Mac, flexible working hours, option of working from home, regular off-site events, free drinks/snacks and many more...
- We measure our performance with the help of OKRs and love to celebrate our successes
- A relocation package with visa support
- Think Fearlessly, Act Fast: We embrace the accelerated pace and ambiguity of building a business on the frontier. We take risks and look forward.
- Be Street Smart: We are always tuned in to what is going on. With ourselves, our team, our users and the market.
- Step Up, Stand Together: Every individual is prepared to speak up for what they believe in and stand together as a team to deliver the result, even when the going gets tough.
- Low Egos, High Expectations: Although we take our work seriously, we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We have hunger and humility in equal measure.
If you want to build the financial infrastructure of tomorrow, a new challenge awaits you!
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Germany Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈