(Senior) Platform (DevOps/SRE) Engineer
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Germany Only
Category: DevOps / Sysadmin
We’re looking for fintech enthusiasts to join us in creating the financial infrastructure of tomorrow. We’re building the first European Investment API to enable any financial institution to offer a broad range of investment products in their apps. Our view is backed by Europe's largest tech VCs (Earlybird, Notion Capital, Partech, HV Capital) and by renowned fintech entrepreneurs (including Maximilian Tayenthal, founder of N26, and Felix Haas, founder of IDnow).
Our vision is to create a world in which any asset can be owned and traded digitally by anyone, anywhere, and we're looking for ambitious pioneers to join us in this journey. Today, we count 30+ talented people from 15 different countries. We’re based in Berlin, Germany.
As our next Senior Platform engineer, you’ll join our Platform team (together with Ryan, Martin, Johannes & Sergei). You’ll play a critical role in engineering our infrastructure by making it as automated and scalable as possible while maintaining a high degree of security.
A greenfield project. Cutting edge technologies. No legacy code.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Contribute to the development of our infrastructure and architectural decisions
- Gain valuable experience in a high-security and high-stakes fintech environment
- Improve our CI/CD pipeline
- Partner with the product engineering teams to improve services
- Drive DevOps mindset and collaboration within Engineering Department
- Contribute to the platform development in Go with a focus on scalability and stability
- Proactively test the flexibility and resilience of the system (and keep improving our monitoring & observability)
- Establish communication and documentation best practices throughout the entire software development lifecycle (development, deployment, and incident management)
- Provide operational support and engineering for multiple large distributed software applications
- Gather and analyze system metrics to assist in improving performance and finding faults
- Prior experience with Kubernetes, Docker, Vault and Terraform
- Prior experience with Cloud computing (ideally with GCP)
- Deep knowledge of modern monitoring and observability
- Knowledge of operating Kafka in high availability environments
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of our modern tech-stack (Go, Docker, K8S, Postgres, Redis, Kafka), SRE, service meshes, API gateways, and observability
- Experience working in the fintech domain
- We're working on solving a hard problem: fixing the European securities financial infrastructure
- We live a remote-first culture (WFH with no limits, remote coffee events, remote company lunch, etc.)
- We live a culture of empowerment, flat hierarchies, and radical transparency
- We invest heavily in the development of our people (personal sessions with a dedicated mental coach, personal learning/conference budget, etc.)
- We play as well: bi-weekly Beers, company off-sites, and much more :)
- We're willing to build an international company with people from all over the world: we sponsor VISAs & complete relocation support
- Think Fearlessly, Act Fast: We embrace the accelerated pace and ambiguity of building a business on the frontier. We take risks and look forward.
- Be Street Smart: We are always tuned in to what is going on. With ourselves, our team, our users and the market.
- Step Up, Stand Together: Every individual is prepared to speak up for what they believe in and stand together as a team to deliver the result, even when the going gets tough.
- Low Egos, High Expectations: Although we take our work seriously, we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We have hunger and humility in equal measure.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Germany Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈