(Senior) Manager DevOps
3 months ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: DevOps / Sysadmin
The Senior Manager, DevOps assumes overall responsibilities for the 6Connex platform, and oversees and directs the activities of the DevOps team. This involves ensuring optimal performance, being proactive with performance improvements, optimizing uptime, system maintenance, and collaboration with the Engineering team ensuring software releases are on time and successful. Responsible for consistent reporting and providing metrics across software projects as requested. Provides direction on strategic, infrastructure related projects. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Own the DevOps processes, tool chain, and implementation of best practices including design, requirement capture, coding, code management, deployment, and maintenance.
- Ensures the environments are in place to support the software development needs.
- Creates automated and robust tools to deploy code and configurations that support development and manage capacity of associated servers, controlling the continuous integration stages and the releases.
- Create overall DevOps performance dashboard applied across all project teams.
- Plans automated backups and disaster recovery/failover configurations.
- Champions cloud technologies, automation, continuous monitoring, continuous improvement, and agile methodologies.
- Analyzes, develops, and supports various software development applications from an infrastructure perspective.
- Experiments with new technologies to optimize the reliability and performance of current infrastructure automation.
- Actively participates in developing long range technical infrastructure and architectural plans contributing to the ongoing development of the platform roadmap.
- Communicates status, risks to schedules, and offers mitigation strategies to ensure on-time delivery of all committed projects across the delivery lifecycle.
- Assist Directors of Engineering and Chief Architect in planning execution to balance availability of resources with project priorities.
- Reports to business partners and leadership on activities, risks, and issues on key projects.
- Collaborates with external vendors in defining and developing initiatives that support 6Connex business and technology needs.
- Acts as trainer and advisor to functional members to meet schedules and/or resolve technical problems. Mentors and facilitates professional growth of functional team.
- Manages staff; provides staff with coaching, training, and opportunities to develop skills, and gives ongoing, constructive, and timely feedback on performance and progress toward goals and expectations.
- Contributes to the development of an operating plan and budget.
- Performs other duties and tasks as defined.
- Cloud: AWS
- DevOps: AWS DevOps and related solution for requirements management, productivity management, testing, CI/CD, etc.
- Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, computer architecture, information technology and systems, or other appropriate technical subject.
- 5+ of experience across a variety of complex software product development efforts including SaaS type of applications.
- 2+ years in a DevOps leadership position.
- Technically proficient in software development and is viewed as a subject matter expert.
- Practical experience in various type of agile development projects.
- Experience providing and maintaining cloud-based SaaS infrastructure on AWS.
- Knowledge of network architectures, security, and troubleshooting of connectivity or latency issues.
- Experience in identifying, hiring, and leading a team to meet the goals and objectives and established outcomes of the department.
- Proven ability to present and discuss data, present alternative action plans (and consequences), and clearly communicate recommendations to any level of the organization.
- Displays a high level of critical thinking and analysis in bringing successful resolution to high-impact, complex, and inter-departmental challenges.
- Self-driven; demonstrated problem-solving skills; adaptable, proactive, and willing to take ownership.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, as well as collaboration, reporting, and analytical skills.
- Experience using industry standard DevOps tools and services.
- Willingness and ability to create and adapt to new technologies.
Nice to have:
- Experience with virtual event, video stream, or webcasting industries
- Experience with API and 3rd Party Integration product features
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Company paid medical, vision and dental benefits
- Equity in the company
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈