Who We Are:
Sensor Tower is the leading solution for mobile marketers, app developers, and industry analysts who demand superior competitive insights into the mobile market economy.
We serve independent and Fortune 500 customers alike, spanning the mobile games, travel & hospitality, music, finance, and broadcast entertainment markets. Our suite of products consist of free, “SMB”, and Enterprise-tiered solutions including Store Intelligence, Usage Intelligence, Ad Intelligence, and App Intelligence.
We are a privately held company headquartered in San Francisco and was a member of AngelPad’s startup incubator program in 2013. Our insights are cited by the world’s leading news and finance publications, including the Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, Forbes, Fortune, Bloomberg, CNBC, The Washington Post, and Reuters.
We are looking for a (Senior) DevOps Engineer to join our team. Our enterprise SaaS product is growing rapidly, and we need to scale our infrastructure and our team. You thrive in an environment where you can help improve the infrastructure for the engineering team, and you strike a good balance between practical day-to-day maintenance tasks but also tackling long-term strategic initiatives.
You are passionate about keeping infrastructure stable, automating processes and developing new tools, implementing industry best practices, conscious about security, and love having a high impact on the team and the business through ownership. If you consider yourself to embody the DevOps mentality, Sensor Tower could be the right place for you.
Read more about some of our Technical challenges here (written by members of our engineering team):
A Day in the Life: Interviewee: Software Engineer - Sasha Elhovenko (Minsk)
What does your day-to-day look like working as a Software Engineer?
I work with tons of data and the volume of this data is constantly increasing. My job is to make sure our customers can access it as quickly as possible and provide them convenient tools for data consumption.
How do you collaborate with your team as a remote employee?
Sensor Tower has a great atmosphere of a distributed team. I like to pair with my colleagues remotely to combine our knowledge in order to get the job done efficiently.
- Work with development and product teams to ensure processes progress all the way through maturity
- Exert ownership and understand the long term needs of the business and provide strategic direction for our infrastructure
- Collaborate with the Data Science team to design and optimize our data pipelines and database architecture
- Make Sensor Tower observable and implement industry best practices telemetry
- Drive privacy, compliance, and security initiatives
- Investigate performance, infrastructure, and process failures, conduct post mortem, and facilitate continuous improvement
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field
- Strong background in Linux Administration
- Experience with automation/configuration management using Ansible or similar technologies
- Working proficiency with Ruby and/or Python
- Demonstrated experience managing and administering high-load MongoDB clusters, including upgrade procedures, monitoring and backup/restore best practices
- Expertise in AWS technologies (EC2, load balancing, auto-scaling, IAM, S3, Route53, etc.)
- Telemetry and monitoring experience
- Understanding of automation and orchestration tools and infrastructure
- Knowledge of the tools like Jenkins, Graphite, StatsD, Grafana, Kibana and/or ElasticSearch is a plus
Why Join Sensor Tower?
After seven years of building Sensor Tower off of $1MM (Seed, 2013), we're excited to announce our $45MM growth investment
. Read more about it here
, in the words of our co-founders.
We have a birds-eye view of the entire mobile app ecosystem, and we keep our teams constantly abreast of the latest mobile app trends, news, and best practices.
Sensor Tower's Core Values: Customer-Focused, Innovative, Continuously Learning, Action-Oriented, Respectful, Data & Metrics-Driven.
We grant options to all of our employees because we recognize that everybody plays an integral role in our success; thus all employees should be invested in Sensor Tower (both figuratively and literally).
We offer unlimited PTO, Health and Wellness stipends, flexible work hours, 401K, team trips (white water rafting, Hawaii, and weekend Tahoe mansion trips to name a few), and more.
Our Covid-19 Specific benefits include: Stipend to set up your home office and/or gym, WiFi stipend, daily UberEats delivery stipend, and virtual team events.
Sensor Tower is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.