(Senior) DevOps Engineer
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: DevOps / Sysadmin
PriceSpider is a retail technology company filled with talented people relentlessly driven to revolutionize the online shopping experience. We are the fastest growing Brand Integrity, Where-to-Buy and data services innovator, providing unmatched insights into online consumer purchasing behaviors around the globe. Our technology helps manufacturers, marketers, and retailers radically improve their marketing impact, retail sales, and revenues. Our clients use PriceSpider’s proprietary technology to crawl the web and power their tools to reveal the secrets of exactly what people buy—as well as where, when, and how. We continue to push the boundaries of our technology to create amazing user experiences for both our clients and their consumers. Today PriceSpider is helping nearly 1,500 brands around the globe.
We are looking for an experienced Senior DevOps Engineer to join our rapidly growing global organization within the Global DevOps team. The DevOps team is responsible for our multi-cloud infrastructure running on AWS, GCP and Azure encompassing the following tech stack: Github, Github Actions, Kubernetes/EKS/GKE, Serverless, BigQuery/Looker, Data Lake, Data Pipeline, IaC and Cloud Security.
Reporting to the Global Director of DevOps and SRE, you are expected to be a major contributor providing guidance and lead the collaborative effort in our DevOps and Cloud transformation journey. You will be the subject matter expert in regards to setting consistent DevOps best practices, governance and architecture across the suite of services offered, including but not limited to: multi-cloud architecture, CICD pipeline, observability, security governance, cloud cost governance, container orchestration and automation.
Essential Function & Responsibilities
- Cloud Administration
- CICD automation and management (experience with at least one: Github, Gitlab, Jenkin)
- Collaborate with teams across the organization to ensure DevOps best practices are leveraged as we roll out new features and expand our platform offerings.
- You will promote, document, and implement infrastructure and deployment best practices, building and utilizing tools that allow the team to develop and deploy software
for our clients to use.
- Provide mentoring and leadership to junior engineers and peers
- Identify and implement automation for repetitive tasks and requests.
- Collaborate with other technical leads to integrate a design that's well documented.
- Work with global teams of engineers, growing their knowledge and skill set.
- Perform cost review of existing cloud resources; assess opportunities for reducing costs or infrastructure footprint while keep existing SLA
- Drive initiatives for upgrading and scaling our systems to enhance capacity, feature set, availability, reliability, and performance.
- Provide operational support for all environments, including participating in a rotating On-Call schedule.
- 7-8 years of working in cloud based infrastructure such as AWS, GCP, Azure
- 2-3 years of hands on experience with Container Orchestration, performance tuning, Docker and Kubernetes in multi-cloud production environment
- Expert ability to write scripts in an administrative language (Bash, Python, and Golang)
- Detective-level troubleshooting using observability tools such as Prometheus, Grafana, Loki, etc in complex cloud based environments.
- Experience with: IaC (ie. Terraform), Docker, Kubernetes/EKS, Secrets Management, Git (ie: Gitlab, Github, Github Actions), and all things AWS and GCP
- Ability to learn fast and be adaptable to environments and change.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and be diplomatic across all teams
- Must be capable of self-managing. Prioritization and time management are an absolute must.
- Comfortable in a high speed, rapidly growing startup environment
- Ability to lead and mentor less experienced team members and be collaborative across Engineering, Product and Program management
We are hiring for this position in Irvine, CA. Remote work allowed.
PriceSpider is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈