(Senior) DevOps Engineer
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: DevOps / Sysadmin
This is a U.S. based remote position. Majority of the programs we support require U.S. citizenship to be eligible for employment.
Raft (https://goraft.tech) is a full stack digital consultancy that helps the public agencies solve hard problems. Our team of subject matter experts build modern, user-first, scalable, and data-intensive digital solutions for government agencies. We enjoy the challenges of human-centered design, privacy and security, and scale to create better outcomes for our federal agency partners. We are a human-first, remote-first company working in the open source with headquarters in Reston, VA.
Our team is growing and looking for an enthusiastic name of the position with client engagement experience to join our passionate team of high-impact problem solvers. You will work on our cross-functional team working together to create solutions that impact the lives of millions of Americans.
U.S. Citizen: Majority of our programs require U.S. Citizenship to be eligible for employment
Location: Remote but must be within the U.S.
- Work completely in the Open Source on platforms that have a positive impact on children across the nation
- Be a Sr. Technical member of a 6 person scrum team
- Break down complex technical concepts for non-technical audience
- Prepare a technical roadmap for consolidating the PaaS deployments for teams
- Implement zero downtime deployments on behalf of multiple teams
- Use Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and Configuration as Code (CaC) to standardize deployments of infrastructure across disparate teams
- Provision automated CI/CD pipelines for different teams to provide short feedback loop for the developers
- Create a pleasing developer experience for developers to build features for end users without worrying about details of the infrastructure
- Work intensively in the infrastructure stack below the PaaS including but not limited to AWS and CloudFoundry
- Provision and help with integration of central AuthZ and AuthN systems for multiple teams
Who you are:
- Subject Matter Expert in AWS, Terraform, Blue/Green deployments, and automated testing
- Have experience automating deployments with zero down time
- Have experience using Terraform to build cloud agnostic IaC
- Love CLIs, solving problems, and modernizing systems
- Strive for five nines of availability
- Strong command on a scripting language: Bash / Python / Go / Groovy / etc.
- Have experience working in a position that makes the developers lives easier
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of the tasks from inception to completion
- Know how to secure Docker containers beyond not running as root
- CloudFoundry (Cloud.gov)
- AuthZ / AuthN (Login.gov)
- AWS and/or Azure services
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈