(Senior) DevOps Engineer
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: South Africa only
Category: DevOps / Sysadmin
Yoyo is the world’s fastest growing mobile wallet. We have developed a unique platform that powers seamless payment and loyalty experiences for developers, retailers and financial institutions across the world.
We are a fun FinTech “start-up” that believes in empowering skilled and passionate individuals to be their best selves.
We are looking for a highly experienced DevOps engineer to join our team and assist us in creating reliable, re-usable and leading-edge DevOps practices and tools. You will be responsible for ensuring application deployments to AWS, GCP and terrestrial Data Centers are performed reliably and repeatedly through the use of advanced scripting and tools. You will also ensure optimal application performance and functional monitoring as well as upgrade management. You will be part of a team of Testers, Analysts, Developers and DevOps engineers who deliver remarkable solutions to our clients.
- Architect systems for high availability, security, and scalability
- Automate provisioning, deployment and scaling of infrastructure
- Build a monitoring and alerting system for our services and infrastructure
- Manage the AWS infrastructure
- Support the operations of Yoyo expansion across multiple geographies and multiple AWS regions
- Experience working in startup or other entrepreneurial organisation in a role such as DevOps Engineer, AWS DevOps Engineer, Build and Release Engineer, DevOps Consultant, DevOps Specialist or similar
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with automation and configuration management using Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Terraform and/or an equivalent
- Experience building and maintaining real-world products using continuous integration/deployment to enable engineers to deploy code and configuration from local environments through to production
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration
- Previous exposure to mobile payment or mobile apps is an asset
- Working understanding of code and script (We prefer Python, Golang, Ruby and/or Bash)
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-available service
- Coffee barista
- Latest tech
- Remote work
- Awesome people-centred culture
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: South Africa only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈