(Senior) DevOps Engineer
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: North America Only
Category: DevOps / Sysadmin
Elevate Security is looking for an entrepreneurial Senior DevOps Engineer, to join our System team. This person will work closely with the Principal Architect. The System team's North Stars are:
(1) Observability of data pipeline, applications and infrastructure,
(2) Scalable and secure applications and platform, and
(3) Happy and productive developers.
The successful candidate will help architect and build the infrastructure and applications, using infrastructure-as-code and best-of-breed developer tools to support the engaging experiences of our SaaS-based human risk management platform. We are building an enterprise-grade level of service, targeting large corporations in the technology and financial services sectors.
We are using Agile and Scrum, and every team builds, operates and owns their piece of our SaaS platform. Our application stack includes React for the front-end, Python with Flask and Django for the back-end services, Redis, and PostgreSQL. We rely on AWS as our public cloud provider, most notably IAM, S3, Route53, RDS, Cognito, EKS, and ECR. Our automated builds and deployments are managed through CircleCI and ArgoCD, and our monitoring / alerting is managed with DataDog and OpsGenie. We leverage SonarCloud and Snyk to constantly improve code quality and avoid adding vulnerabilities. We manage projects using Jira, and share knowledge with Confluence and Slack.
We are a remote-friendly engineering group. The company founders are located in our Berkeley hub (San Francisco Bay area). Our engineering team is distributed worldwide in South and North America, Germany, Pakistan, Singapore, with our main hub around Montreal, Canada. This position is a remote position, with preference to be in our Montreal hub, or at least in the North American time zones.
- Understand the key outcomes, identify the pain points, and propose solutions to solve them
- Produce technical designs of infrastructure, aligned with the global architecture
- Enable the engineers to be productive with the proper toolchain
- Ensure our SaaS applications @ elevatesecurity.com are up and running
- Manage Infrastructure with Terraform, and deployments with Helm
- Understand requirements and collaborate with the applications teams
- Engage and collaborate as part of a self-organized squad, using Agile, Lean and Scrum
- Learning and growing constantly to feed your passion for self-improvement and make those around you better
- Be accountable for your work, and hold others accountable by providing constant feedback
- Cloud Management, particularly on AWS. Having an AWS certification is a definite plus.
- Coding in Python
- Linux systems administration and scripting
- Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Helm
- Microservices-based architecture and infrastructure with API gateways
- CircleCI, or equivalent yml declarative CI/CD
- Continuous Deployment, with feature flag platform such as LaunchDarkly
- Monitoring, Alerting, Logging
- Email services such as PostMarkApp
- We have a modern technology stack and are striving for engineering excellence, while keeping in mind Lean principles to experiment with customers in a tight feedback loop.
- We care about your career. At Elevate Security we encourage each other to constantly grow and expand our skills and knowledge. Mentorship is part of our culture as you work side by side with some of the brightest possible talent.
- Your contributions make an immediate impact.
- We have fun! No matter how fast we grow or how busy we are, we always remember to laugh and enjoy each other and our clients.
- Balancing our careers and personal lives is important to us. We want you to work where and when you work best.
- Embracing our culture of diversity, constant learning, and collaboration makes us a better team and helps us build a better product.
- We are mission driven. We never lose sight of why we do what we do.
- We're genuinely nice, optimistic, inclusive, and empathetic people. We won't hire jerks.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Unlimited vacation (minimum 3 weeks)
- Paid time off for volunteering
- Professional development funds
- Parental leave
- Flexible work schedule
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: North America Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈