(Senior) DevOps Engineer
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Europe Only
Category: DevOps / Sysadmin
Ideally in Prague, Czech Republic but the job is open to candidates from anywhere in Europe
Option to work remotely/from home
Type of Employment
Employee or Contractor (depending on the location)
Kubernetes, Ansible, Docker, Git, Terraform, Vault, Linux
What to expect?
Before applying for the job of Senior DevOps Engineer at GraphAware, you should first answer YES to all of the following questions:
- Are you someone who constantly strives for excellence?
- Do you take ownership of your work as well as the work of your team?
- Do you believe in the value of graphs?
- Does customer success drive your motivation and passion?
- Do you want to make a real difference and influence the success of the company you work for?
Agreed to all the above? Then keep reading.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you will be joining our CTO and his team to take care of the technical infrastructure underlying GraphAware's core business and make sure it is secure, automated, and highly available. Your role is critical in allowing the rest of the team, especially developers, to focus on what they are best at.
You will be in charge of source code repositories, build and vulnerability scanning pipelines, Docker registries, and cloud deployments for our core product Hume, as well as internal IT infrastructure such as VPN, mobile device management and security. You will also help make sure that secure software development processes and incident response plans are in place by organising training and exercises.
From time to time, you will act in a consulting capacity and share your expertise with our customers. Finally, you will own IT onboarding of all new team members and make sure everybody has just the right level of access at all times.
Here is the bullet point list of main responsibilities.
- Develop and maintain IaC processes for most of the GraphAware infrastructure, including :
- Development environments
- Production environments
- AWS Services (S3, .. )
- DNS entries
- Develop and maintain Kubernetes clusters
- Research, develop, document, educate, and maintain security hardening of the GraphAware infrastructure
- Help software development teams with ad-hoc DevOps requirements
- Continuously perform R&D activities
- Learn, master, and train on operational aspects of some of GraphAware critical technologies :
- Hashicorp Vault
- Assist customers in all regions with installation procedures in secure (air-gapped) environments
- Maintain company-wide GraphAware on-line services accounts (GSuite, Harvest, Atlassian, ... )
- Monitor infrastructure costs and prepare forecasts
- Help all company staff with routine tasks (printers, wi-fi setup, ... ). We're being transparent, until the team grows, you will be the IT person, too.
- Recognize when you need help, we're happy to hire contractors for particular technologies to boost our own expertise
If you want to succeed, we believe, you need to have the following skills/background:
- To perform and understand the technical aspects of the job
- At least 3 years of experience with Terraform and Ansible
- At least 3 years of experience with a major Cloud provider
- At least 5 years of experience with Linux administration
- At least 3 years of experience with Docker
- At least 3 years of experience with NginX
- Good experience with OpenID connect
- Good experience with VPN technologies
- Experience with one Vault engine
- Good computer security knowledge
- Bonus technical skills
- Experience with GSuite
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Strong AWS skills
- Experience with deploying the following technologies in production is a plus :
- Spring Boot
- To fit the profile and possess the soft skills we are looking for
- Strong sense of ownership and responsibility
- Ability to break down bigger tasks into smaller chunks in order to tackle them effectively
- Attention to detail
- Proactivity and drive, coming up with new ideas
- “Can-do” and “Get-it-done” attitude; Agile approach to problem-solving
- Excellent time management skills
- Passionate about what you do
- To blend in well with the team and understanding our company culture
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good understanding of different communication styles and cultural differences
- Fluent in English, knowledge of other European languages is more than welcome
What we offer
We offer a great opportunity to play an important role in a global technology company with a very unique company culture and to participate in the evolution of a product that is competing with big names. Hume is already being used by very important companies in multiple industries. We are currently entering a new era in the life of the company with great challenges ahead of us.
Working with us means:
- Opportunity to act as a mentor to junior talents within the company and pass the knowledge
- Strong support from the CTO and the rest of top management
- Place where you can actually influence how we do things
- Working for an attractive international advanced-tech company
- Open environment for own initiative and creativity
- Significant potential for professional growth
- Flexibility to balance your personal life and work
- Fun environment and great office culture
- Competitive remuneration
Who we are
Consultancy & SW Development Company - 11 to 50 Employees
GraphAware is the world's #1 Neo4j Consultancy. GraphAware specialises in consultancy, training, and software development related to Neo4j - the most popular graph database on the market. As an official Solution Partner of Neo4j (the company), GraphAware helps clients all around the world succeed with the graph technology by providing expert hands-on guidance for software development projects. Graph Aware Limited was founded in June 2013 in the United Kingdom and has offices and staff in the UK, UAE, Australia, Italy, France, and the Czech Republic.
GraphAware is a multinational, multicultural team of people who are experts in the fields of software development, databases, graph theory, and machine learning. We are passionate about what we do and performing above expectations is the norm. Our company prides itself on teamwork, excellence, and fun at the workplace. We love seeing our people grow professionally and support their careers in the direction of their desire.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Europe Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈