(Senior) DevOps Engineer
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: DevOps / Sysadmin
We are SigFig. We're here to empower everyone to achieve their life goals and ambitions. It takes extraordinary people to disrupt decades of legacy financial practices to reimagine solutions to be customer-centric, engaging, and intuitively designed that use technology to serve customers at scale.
We are committed to building impactful financial solutions that are accessible and affordable to everyone. Using a combination of design, data science, and technology, we help provide people with financial advice and guidance they need to achieve their life goals. Whether it's through our direct to consumer or businesses to consumer products through partnerships with some of the world's largest and most innovative financial institutions like Wells Fargo, UBS, and Citizens Bank, SigFig seeks to help consumers and institutions make better financial decisions.
Headquartered in San Francisco, we also have amazing talent solving interesting problems across our offices in Calgary, Tucson, Phoenix, Singapore, and New Delhi. Come thrive at SigFig!
The Team -- The Infrastructure Team
The Infrastructure team is responsible for building the global platform by which SigFig succeeds. We build our infrastructure using the latest virtualization, automation, and configuration management tools - we're experts across a wide range of technical areas. If the tools do not exist or meet our needs, we build or write them ourselves - we strive to automate so we do not repeat tasks. The team is critical to the building and delivery of our core products and works with every part of the engineering organization with a high level of collaboration. We strive for efficiency, stability, and speed.
The Opportunity -- Senior DevOps Engineer
As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you will be deeply involved in architecting, building, and supporting all aspects of the infrastructure technology stack. This includes provisioning, application configuration and deployment, monitoring, databases, CI/CD, and security. This role requires someone that loves working in a small, agile environment and you must have a passion for, and enjoy building automation tools. You will work with multiple engineering teams on a globally distributed team, which means you must possess strong verbal and written communication skills. You thrive in an innovative, fast-paced environment, can roll up your sleeves, work hard, have fun, and execute.
This role will report to the Director of Infrastructure.
How You'll Make an Impact:
- Lead large projects that involve coordinating, planning, and architecting across several engineering teams
- Dig into and resolve issues across the entire stack - hardware, software, application and network
- Become the subject matter expert for significant portions of our technology stack
- Build tooling that allows the team to operate in an efficient, secure, and scalable manner
- Collaborate with other engineers to solve problems
Why We Value You:
- You value collaboration
- You are able to go from design to execution quickly
- You value simplicity in design and architecture
- You look for opportunities to make yourself and your team more efficient
- You have a security mindset
- You enjoy mentoring and teaching others
- You are self-motivated, resilient and assertive with a high willingness to learn
- You are a good sounding board for others
Ideal SigFigian for this Role:
- 7+ years overall systems engineering experience, including both bare-metal and virtual (VMWare) environments
- 5+ years of experience with RedHat Linux system administration, including strong command of at least one scripting language
- 4+ years of hands-on operational experience in a high-availability production environment, including root cause analysis of disruptions
- Experience with config management tools such as Puppet or Ansible and monitoring tools such as Nagios, Grafana, Splunk, Telegraf, etc.
- Strong understanding of git and CI/CD tooling such as Jenkins
- Familiarity with managing MySQL/MariaDB/Postgres databases in high-availability environments
- Experience with cloud computing including security and automated provisioning and deployment
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Flexible PTO
- 401K with Company Match
- $1000 Yearly Wellness Benefit
- Employee Recognition Program
- And more!
Founded in 2007, SigFig is backed by premier venture capital firms, including Bain Capital Ventures, DCM Ventures, Nyca Partners, and Union Square Ventures as well as leading financial institutions including Wells Fargo, UBS, Santander, New York Life, Eaton Vance, and Comerica. We've raised $110 million to support our growth as the #1 online investment advisor for large financial institutions.
© Nvest. All rights reserved, SigFig is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply.
San Francisco Applicants: SigFig will consider applicants with arrest and conviction records (criminal histories) in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈