(Senior) DevOps Design Engineer
Loginsoft Consulting LLC
3 weeks ago
Job type: Contract
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: DevOps / Sysadmin
Senior DevOps Design Engineer
Duration: 24 Months Contract
Description: As an infrastructure-based system and software engineer, you will be responsible for designing, developing, and debugging complex integrated systems. This responsibility also includes developing related software tools that will ensure a high-quality integrated platform. These platforms will support the execution of virtualized and containerized applications. You will also be responsible for automating the deployment of servers, storage, and networking. The software development will also extend to the lifecycle and management tools for each solution. The role is multi-disciplinary, requiring a robust system and development background as well as the ability to work directly with team members around the globe.
The ideal candidate has extensive experience deploying servers, storage, and networking technologies. The candidate will have demonstrated software skills in Python, Java, and PowerShell. Virtualization skills needed are: KVM, VMware, and Kubernetes. Linux and CEPH experience is also required.
REQUIRED MUST HAVES:
- Linux, CEPH and virtualization expertise is a requirement
- Expertise in multiple software systems tools and languages (e.g. Python, PowerShell, Java)
- Servers, storage, and networking skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English
- Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals, and negotiate options at management levels
Education and Experience
- Bachelor or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Typically, 6 to 10 years' experience
- Working knowledge and practice in the Agile development framework is plus
- Develops software that automates the deployment of HW solutions (that include servers, storage, and networking)
- The virtualization environment will consist of Kubernetes, KVM, VMware, and Container software
- The primary OS environment will consist of Linux (SUSE and CentOS)
- Analyzes, designs, and develops requirements while converting them to user stories in the Agile framework
- Collaborates and communicates with management, architects, and internal development partners regarding systems design status, project progress, and issue resolution
- Works within a team and adheres to agreed-upon schedules and deadlines
- Collaborates with peers, junior engineers, technicians, and external design partners
- Typically interacts with high-level Individual Contributors, Managers, and Program Core Teams
- Drives design innovation
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈