(Senior) Cloud Platform Engineer
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: North America Only
Category: DevOps / Sysadmin
- Care deeply about democratizing access to data.
- Passionate about building a reliable cloud platform and infrastructure for internal engineering teams.
- At least 80% of people who have worked with you put you in the top 10% of the people they have worked with.
- You have attention to details AND bias for action, are a prolific communicator, and you thrive in uncertainty.
- You are entrepreneurial and want to work in a super fast-paced environment, working on hard problems where the solutions aren’t already predefined.
- You live in the U.S. or Canada, are authorized to work where you are, and are comfortable working remotely.
- SafeGraph is a B2B data company that sells to data scientists and machine learning engineers.
- SafeGraph's goal is to be the place for all information about physical Places.
- SafeGraph currently has 35+ employees and has raised a $20 million Series A. The CEO was previously the founder and CEO of LiveRamp (NYSE:RAMP).
- We are growing fast, with over $15M ARR, and were profitable in 2019.
- The company is distributed across North America, with small offices (in non-pandemic times) in SF, NYC & Denver. We get the entire company together in the same place as often as possible.
We have been moving very quickly in the current pandemic, building up new products and releasing up-to-date dashboards to the general public. We are providing our aggregated and anonymized location data at no cost for non-commercial use, to anyone with the shared goal of fighting to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and helping to get the economy moving in its aftermath. We now have a vibrant community of 4000+ organizations in this Consortium. You can see the publications here.
- Reporting to SafeGraph's VP Engineering.
- Work as an individual contributor.
- Opportunities for future leadership and specialization into data infra or ML infra.
- What you will do: Scale-out and tune our systems (resource and performance); architect and validate new platforms; stand up experimental infrastructure.
- Minimum 2 years of cloud infrastructure experience.
- 4 years of production backend or DevOps engineering work experience.
- Proficiency writing production-quality code, including hands-on coding with Python, Java, Scala, and software change management.
- Well-versed in architecture design, distributed system, automations, deployment strategies, observability, performance engineering, streamlining maintenance and downtime, and incident management.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong experience with public cloud infrastructure and services: infrastructure-as-code, GitOps, ChatOps, CI/CD, monitoring, APM, scaling, reliable storage, databases, networking, access policies, Serverless, Containerized execution and orchestration environments: Docker, Kubernetes.
- Strong track-record operating and scaling open source platforms in the cloud: Elasticsearch, Spark.
- Expertise with AWS.
- SafeGraph: about us, visions and values
- Open Information to Power Innovation
- Where Should Machines go to Learn
- Data-As-A-Service Bible: Everything You Wanted to Know About Running DaaS Companies
No Resume? No Problem! A LinkedIn profile is all you need to apply!Don't fit this description perfectly but still think this is the role for you? Apply and let us know why!
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: North America Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈