(Senior) Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
3 months ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: DevOps / Sysadmin
Are you interested in working in a dynamic and growing international company? Are you passionate about solving difficult, new, and unique problems? Do you have a knack for automating anything you have to do more than once? Want to work remotely, in the comfort of your home, apartment, local coffee shop, co-working space, park, wherever?
If you answered yes, then you will love working as a Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer within the Cloud Platform Engineering team at MariaDB.
This position will be focused on leading engineering efforts related to the infrastructure layer of the MariaDB SkySQL service with a strong focus on AWS while also supporting Azure and GCP. This position will require excellent technical architecture and project management skills in addition to hands on development work. We will look to you for innovative ideas to boost performance, reliability, and security of our database products in public cloud deployments.
MariaDB is a globally distributed company, telecommuting via the internet, and making heavy use of email, web, slack, and similar technologies. Because we must provide coverage to our customers 24x7x365, this position does occasionally involve on-call work on nights, weekends, and holidays, however we leverage our global team to minimize the impact as much as possible.
- Collaborate with Product, Support, DevOps, QA and architects in designing highly secure infrastructure
- Implement high quality, secure and robust applications with optimal performance in a fast paced environment
- Work on providing a highly automated Cloud-based runtime environment for deploying and scaling a distributed, multi-tenant, high performance compute platform
- Develop tools to facilitate greater automation and operability of services
- Design and build net-new production grade environments for advanced transactional and analytical workloads
- Plan, lead, and execute complicated technical projects that interact with a wide variety of teams within the company
- Utilize your deep experience and problem solving skills to help prevent and investigate production issues
- Participate in a shared on-call rotation
- Lead and mentor junior team members
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously
- Effectively collaborate with other engineers remotely
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills
- Experience supporting a PaaS, IaaS, DBaaS, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of Kubernetes, Docker, etc.
- Significant experience with AWS (6+ years), including design, implementation, and maintenance of large scale environments
- Working knowledge of infrastructure as code software tools such as Terraform/Ansible and a demonstrated implementation
- Strong automation programming skills. Must have CS fundamentals and a track record of implementing highly reliable software
- In-depth understanding of networking, Linux, distributed systems, cloud design patterns, API's, and security
- Ability to work on complicated projects with multiple stages and convert long term strategy into short and long-term objectives
- Previous experience working remotely
- Contributions to open source software
- Extensive experience with multiple public cloud vendors
- Kubernetes certification
- Docker certification
- Google Cloud, AWS, and/or Azure certification
- Experience with ServiceNow Platform
- Previous leadership experience
Remote, or in one of our following offices if you prefer:
Redwood City, CA
San Diego, CA
Impact the world of technology by pushing the boundaries of technology and business models, working at MariaDB. Be part of a game-changing organization that encourages outside-the-box thinking and empowerment, and is truly shaping the future of the software industry. You'll be collaborating with high-caliber colleagues around the world, offering unparalleled learning and growth opportunities. We provide a very competitive compensation package, 25 days paid annual leave, and a massive degree of flexibility and freedom.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application along with a resume/CV. MariaDB does not sponsor work visas or relocation.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈