(Senior) Cloud Engineer
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: DevOps / Sysadmin
We are seeking a Senior Cloud Platform Engineer that will serve as a technical thought leader and SME for our public cloud (AWS) adoption. The candidate will participate as a senior contributor in the implementation of next-generation technology stacks in AWS, specifically as it applies to our Analytics, Application and Infrastructure road maps. S/He will partner with the development team to enable and ensure software and systems management integrate to achieve their objectives of reliability and scalability. This role reports directly to the Chief Information Security Officer & Director of IT.
- Provide expert level design and operational practices for AWS
- Own critical aspects of our technology operations in areas including Production, deployment process automation, monitoring, and security
- Ensure alignment between security architecture frameworks, standards, and overall IT cloud strategy
- Provide training on various cloud security and cloud technologies and mentor engineers on these topics
- Create and maintain build scripts, templates and other artifacts for the Infrastructure stack
- Support Continuous Integration (CI) and build servers, and ensure adherence to CI principles
- Support the migration of applications to the cloud infrastructure and assist in the analysis, tuning, and re-architecture when necessary to ensure adherence to business requirements.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in Cloud Solution design, installation, and configuration of Cloud Automation tools.
- Demonstrated experience with the next generation AWS security stack.
- Demonstrated Experience working with AWS to provide highly-available, secure, and reliable services that take advantage of AWS’s catalog of pre-existing solutions where possible.
- Demonstrated Experience leveraging AWS Identity & Access Management services and the integration of 3rd party solutions with these systems. A thorough understanding of AWS Organizations best practices related to security and governance across multiple accounts is required.
- You recognize the versatility of containerization and know the tradeoffs when choosing between the various orchestration and configuration management tools.
- Experience deploying cloud infrastructure as code (Terraform or Cloud Formation) and a commitment to following Infrastructure as Code practices in day-to-day operation.
- Experience with analytics databases (e.g., Snowflake or another DB) and associated data pipelines.
- Strong practical knowledge of Windows server operating systems (on-premises & IaaS)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated technical leadership
- AWS Solutions Architect and AWS Security Architect a plus
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈