(Senior) Cloud Architect
1 week ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: UK Only
Category: DevOps / Sysadmin
As a Senior Cloud Architect you will be responsible for delivering Methods E2E cloud transformation capabilities, within complex multi cloud environments / Cloud Landing Zones -Azure, AWS, GCP. You will be the Cloud expert within our development practice – showcasing your extensive knowledge in cloud trends for our government / public sector clients.
Since our establishment in 1990, Methods has partnered with a range of central government departments and agencies to transform the way the public sector operates in the UK.
Our mission is to improve and safeguard public-facing services. We apply digital thinking to ensure the future of our public services is centred around our citizens.
Our human touch sets us apart from other consultancies, system integrators and software houses - we have a customer-centric value system whereby we focus on delivering what is right for our clients.
We passionately support our clients in the success of their projects while working collaboratively to share skill sets and solve problems. At Methods we have fun while working hard; we are not afraid of making mistakes and learning from them.
- Expert in architecting complex multi cloud landing zones - AWS, Azure , GCP.
- In depth knowledge of public and hybrid cloud service providers Amazon Web Services, Azure and Crown Hosting/On-Premise in the context of data centric capabilities leveraging Platform/Software/Function as a Service in conjunction with a Micro Service orientated Architecture (MSoA).
- Design cloud migration strategies.
- Knowledge of configuration management and Infrastructure as Code tooling and principles
- Past experience setting up build pipelines, automated deployments, etc. with Gitlab CI or other CI/CD tools using GitFlow
- Experience with automated testing, test-driven development and/or behaviour-driven development leveraging the Agile Testing Framework
- Experience architecting solutions with HTTP APIs and RESTful web services in line with the OpenAPI specifications
- Passion for designing, building and operating excellent software solutions to meet a diverse and challenging set of business and user needs.
- Experience of undertaking a detailed, structured analysis of technical issues, translating into technical designs that describe a solution back with transitional stages and roadmaps managing business and technical risk
- Methods is passionate about its people; we want our colleagues to develop the things they are good at and enjoy.
- By joining us you can expect
- Autonomy to develop and grow your skills and experience
- Be part of exciting project work that is making a difference in society
- Strong, inspiring and thought-provoking leadership
- A supportive and collaborative environment
As well as this, we offer:
- Development access to LinkedIn Learning, a management development programme and training
- Wellness 24/7 Confidential employee assistance programme
- Social - office parties, pizza Friday and commitment to charitable causes
- Time off 25 days a year
- Pension Salary Exchange Scheme with 4% employer contribution and 5% employee contribution
- Discretionary Company Bonus based on company and individual performance
- Life Assurance of 4 times base salary
- Private Medical Insurance
- Worldwide Travel Insurance which is non-contributory (spouse and dependants included
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: UK Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈