1 week ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: DevOps / Sysadmin
- Provide oversight and technical leadership for security initiatives, ensuring projects remain predictable, accountable and deliver a high amount of value to the organization.
- Work closely with stakeholders and technical leads to collate, drive and deliver on a technical strategy and roadmap that encompasses product, cloud and enterprise security.
- Create scalable and measurable security review and threat modeling processes for key business functions, including security architecture, product design, code review, vendor integrations, and third party contractor requests.
- Triage and make decisions to unblock and move business functions forward, while weighing the risk to the security posture of the organization.
- Lead internal security team ceremonies and drive agile delivery practices, with a focus on lean systems thinking and continuous improvement.
- Work closely with leadership from the compliance team to ensure the security team roadmap aligns with business compliance attestation requirements.
- Define and communicate vulnerability management SLAs to cross functional teams in engineering and IT.
- Be an advocate for security best practices and the point of contact for stakeholders from departments throughout the company.
- Lead, manage, mentor and develop a team of security engineers to grow your team according to business need, and to foster members’ career paths.
- Cultivate an engineering culture of innovative, egoless, high trust problem solving.
- 3+ years of security or software engineering management experience with a track record of leading teams to deliver cross functional, enterprise wide security controls within an organization with a paying customer base (B2B, preferred, B2C or eCommerce).
- 5+ years of experience as an individual contributor as a security engineer or a software engineer, preferably using open source software and platforms.
- 5+ years working on teams using Agile methodologies and an iterative process (Scrum, Kanban, XP).
- Strong ability and proven professional experience using at least one high level programming language e.g.Node.js, Python, Go, Java, Ruby etc.
- Strong problem solving ability, making sound routine or complex decisions in a fast-paced technical environment.
- Strong technical understanding of foundational security concepts or mechanisms, e.g. principle of least privilege, HTTP/S, DNS, VPN, Load Balancing, SAML, OAuth, OpenID etc.
- Experience with cloud environments AWS, GCP, or Azure.
- Experience recruiting, interviewing and hiring personnel in engineering roles on your teams.
- Experience managing and coaching individuals’ performance through review processes and providing guidance and feedback to help team members grow professionally.
- Experience leading and managing teams that are geographically distributed and working remotely.
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross functional initiatives and communicate proposals and ideas concisely.
- Demonstrated experience balancing commercial objectives with security and compliance obligations.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈