3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: DevOps / Sysadmin
Ridgeline was founded in 2015 by a group of people with more than half a century of combined experience contributing to U.S. National Security. We understand our clients’ unique missions and we deliver innovative solutions to their most difficult challenges, filling critical technical gaps across the U.S. Government and business worlds. At Ridgeline, our capabilities extend from the classroom, where we provide the tools and training needed to work and communicate securely, to our engineered systems of specialized hardware and software that address critical security issues, and into Research and Development, where we dream, design, and build solutions to the threats of tomorrow. We iterate and deliver quickly – in the course of weeks or months, not years – and we’ve trained more than 1,000 people, deployed to over 50 countries, and managed systems with more than 2,000 end users.
As the Security Assessor, you will perform vulnerability assessment and management of information technology assets at Ridgeline. You will use both manual and automated tools to evaluate the information security of new and existing devices against System Security Plans and Information Security policies and create reports summarizing the risk and providing recommended mitigations to address detected vulnerabilities or deviations from the security baseline.
- Perform security assessments of applications, systems, and networks evaluating the severity of vulnerabilities discovered and recommended corrective actions to remediate the issues
- Validate that corrective actions successfully mitigated the security vulnerabilities
- Perform management and tracking of active vulnerabilities
- Perform system audits to ensure compliance against System Security Plans and Information Security Policies
- Perform dynamic application security testing using both manual and automated testing tools.
- Identify and remove any false positives from automated testing tool reports Communicate security topics to non-technical audiences via written and verbal means
- Develop ways to automate SOC procedures and processes as feasible
What you will accomplish in the first six months
- Perform vulnerability assessments of applications, services, and systems
- Enhance the vulnerability management program at Ridgeline to highlight vulnerabilities and track mitigation processes to resolution
- Serve as a security consultant on projects
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree Cyber Security, Computer Science, a related field, or comparable relevant experience
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP, IP routing, web technologies, penetration testing methodologies, basic vulnerability assessments, and vulnerability scans
- Self-starter who can work independently and as a part of a team
- Obtain OSCP, eCPPTv2, or GPEN certification within one year of hire date
- Scripting skills in Python or similar interpreted language
- At least one of the following certifications is preferred: eJPT, CAP, PenTest+
- Experience with Fortinet firewalls is preferred
- Experience with Cloud-based hosting solutions is preferred
- Experience with Containerization solutions is preferred
- Top Secret Clearance
Here are some Perks of being a Ridgeliner!
- Flexible and remote work schedules
- Flexible PTO + holidays
- 10% 401K contribution/match
- $2,000 annual tech/clothing allowance
- $2,500 annual training/hobby allowance
- Medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurances
- Professional coaching services
- Get the technology you want to do your job
- We have free daily snacks & drinks
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Ridgeline International is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈