Platform Security Engineer
5 months ago
Job type: Contract
Hiring from: UK Only
Category: DevOps / Sysadmin
We’re Chip. We’re here to make saving effortless, easy and fun. Our mission is to build the best savings app in the world.
We help people save up money automatically. In fact, we’ve automatically saved more than £150 million for tens of thousands of our savers already.
We’ve done all this by using AI, Open Banking and a disruptive approach to traditional banking.
Now, we’re helping people get better returns automatically, too.
You can open a market leading savings account in a couple of taps in Chip, as well as deposit, track and withdraw your money.
As you sit back, save and earn interest, we’ll keep going to the banks on your behalf to negotiate better rates.
This was a service that used to only be available to the super-rich, but we've done some clever things to pool Chip savers' money, so we can negotiate with banks like you're a millionaire.
Sounds pretty good, eh? And we’re just getting started.
Chip is being built by a fast-growing team of designers, developers, customer service professionals, marketers, banking experts, and entrepreneurs, with the backing of more than 11,000 investors and a huge community of Chip savers.
We’re growing fast and we have some very exciting plans. We’re looking for a Platform Security Engineer to help us make them happen.
Platform Security Engineer responsibilities include responsibility for keeping our customer data and infrastructure secure. You’ll be building and running security processes and pipelines that ensure we have a constant watch on our whole estate, and integrating with developer pipelines to ensure that the team has early, effective security feedback.
What you can expect to be doing:
You will be working with a talented team of engineers to help build the Chip platform. We’re all about automation and security at scale - Terraform, AWS and Kubernetes in production. You can expect to be using a range of tools such as Terraform, GitLab, comprehensive logging and monitoring tools and more in your day to day role. We have multiple dedicated AWS accounts, with separation of concerns, controlled from our self-contained application pipelines, with dedicated infrastructure for each application. Day to day you can expect to be building tools that make the platform more secure, and that increase our instrumentation cover, providing monitoring and observability in the platform space. You should be able to be flexible in response to customer needs and work closely with a team of developers to help build the world’s best savings app.
What we’re looking for:
- Preferably hold one or more AWS (security related) certifications or CISSP Certification holder
- Solid understanding of IaM, Network Security and securing containers is essential
- Experience with SIEM/AWS Guard Duty and vulnerability scanners is beneficial
- Experience working in a regulated and audited environment; bonus points for ISO 27001
- Must have: strong experience in one or more of the following public cloud platforms: AWS / Google Cloud / Azure
- Experience working with containerized environments, preferably Kubernetes, or similar (OpenShift, etc)
- Experienced in architecture design building security in from day one
- Security Patterns and configurations
- Experience with Terraform, HashiCorp Sentinel, OPA or Inspec strongly preferred
- Experienced building CI/CD pipelines (ideally in GitLab) with continuous security. We want to move security as far left as possible in our lifecycle
- Testing and implementing org-wide security policies
- Proven leadership, mentoring and coaching experience across different skill levels
What we’re really looking for: ✍️
Although we’re in the financial space, and under the scrutiny that comes with it, the current engineering team works well together, and even sometimes with a smile. We’re sure you’ve got the technical skills, otherwise you would have stopped reading by now, so let us be clear in what will make us want to work with you.
We want a real person, with interests outside of code, to join our work family. You could be a dancer, a gamer, a musician, a parent, a hockey fan, or even that one person that still writes Twilight fan-fiction. Doesn’t matter to us. At the interview stages will be looking for empathy, eq, fun stories, and ability to smile even when things are tough. Code monkeys need not apply.
- £450 - £500 per day
- 3-6 month contract duration
- MacBook Pro or similar
- Based in the heart of Chancery Lane
- Flexible working arrangements
- Opportunity to have a huge impact on our product while fast-tracking your knowledge, responsibility and skills in a high growth fintech startup.
Our Interview process: 📖
- Phone Screen with someone from our Talent team
- Video interview with the hiring manager
- Final Interview with HR & Product Manager
Note to Agencies
Chip does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies in response to any of our live roles on our career page. Chip will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee relating to these unsolicited CVs. Chip explicitly reserves the right to hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited CVs, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Chip.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: UK Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈