1 week ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: DevOps / Sysadmin
Clearance/Citizenship: Public Trust (Eligible)/ US Citizen
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or greater
Position Description: SPN Solutions is seeking to hire a Senior Oracle E-Business Suite Human Capital Management Apps DB Specialist. The person should have broad knowledge and experience with Oracle EBS HCM solutions.
This position focuses on guiding and assisting the client through application support of Oracle E-Business Suite Human Capital Management. The EBS Specialist will be responsible for troubleshooting, resolving issues and continue application enhancements to optimize business operations. The resource should have extensive knowledge and broad experience with E-Business Suite HCM modules. The resource will function as part of a team, inclusive of customers, and must demonstrate sufficient written and communication skills to ensure success.
- 5+ years of working experience with Oracle Apps DBA activities.
- Comprehensive expert level knowledge of Oracle EBS R12 application administration, including installation, configuration, cloning, and upgrades, using Oracle EBS R12 Applications DBA (AD) utilities and other tools to apply patches and system updates.
- Knowledge of the multi-node EBS environment to administer Concurrent Managers, Concurrent Programs, Request Sets, Request Groups, and Workflows and troubleshooting Workflow Mailer/Notification issues.
- Expert level knowledge of Oracle 11g database administration, maintenance, security implementation, upgrade and patching, database performance tuning, sizing and capacity planning, database backup and recovery in a Unix O/S using RMAN and Oracle export/import utilities, administration, and maintenance to provide backup and disaster recovery.
- Knowledge of installation, configuration, and maintenance of multi-node Oracle RAC enabled databases, including Oracle ASM and Oracle CRS management. Knowledge of PL/SQL packages, shell, and Perl scripts for task automation, and proactive database monitoring and notification using Oracle OEM Grid Control.
- Skill in written communication to understand written information (facts, descriptions, ideas, concepts, conflicting assertions and arguments), draw inferences, form hypotheses and develop logical arguments, and to express such information in writing so that others will understand, and concerning some issues, be convinced or persuaded. Examples include reviewing and editing established database policies and procedures and developing new SOPs for database software installation and configuration.
- Configures, monitors, troubleshoots, performance tunes, clones, patches, and upgrades the Oracle EBS HCM applications for effective business operations and administration. Performs related functions.
- Performs Oracle EBS Applications database administration (DBA) tasks including patching, creating backup and recovery strategies, upgrading, performance tuning/optimization of Oracle EBS systems.
- Maintain a multi-node e-Business Suite environment with Shared File System, managing and administering Concurrent Managers, Concurrent Programs, Request Sets, Request Groups, Workflows, and troubleshooting Workflow Mailer/Notification issues
- Utilizes (a) Oracle Real Applications Clusters (RAC) to maintain a clustered database to provide performance, scalability, and resilience with Oracle Automatic Storage Management (ASM) and Oracle Cluster Ready Services (CRS) in a Linux operating system (O/S); (b) Oracle Recovery Manager (RMAN) and Data Guard for backup and disaster recovery; (c) Oracle Application Manager (OAM) and Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) Grid Control for proactive monitoring and notification of system status; and (d) Procedural Language/Structured Query Language (PL/SQL) packages, shell, and Perl scripts for task automation.
- Reviews, develops, recommends, enforces, and adheres to database policies and standards for Syntax; these policies and standards include policies and procedures on high availability, replication, archiving, access, and security. Develops new standard operating procedures (SOPs) for Oracle EBS application software installation and configuration including high availability and disaster recovery solutions.
- Communicates and interacts effectively with client contacts and SPN contacts including, but not limited to, other members of the unit/team, other SPN employees (such as managers, supervisors, and support staff), contractors, and vendors.
About SPN Solutions:
SPN Solutions is an 8A Certified (SBA) Small Business that provides IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services to customers in the Defense, Federal Civilian Government and Commercial sectors. Our values are the standards that inform and inspire all our activities and distinguish us as a corporation.
At SPN, we have a corporate culture which fosters creative thinking, respects your contributions, and accepts nothing less than excellence in serving our customers. We demonstrate these core principles daily through our corporate Values and culture.
- Comprehensive Health, Dental, and Vision plans available for you and your family
- Premier 401k retirement plan with corporate matching
- Generous vacation and sick leave plan
- Parental leave plan
- Company paid Life and AD&D Insurance
- Tuition reimbursement for continuing education
- Free gourmet coffee, tea, fresh fruits and healthy snacking alternatives
Job Type: Full-time
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈