Manager, Information Systems
1 week ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: DevOps / Sysadmin
ABOUT MINERVA SCHOOLS AT KGI
Minerva Schools at KGI (Minerva) is a highly innovative higher-ed institution. We created a new model for education that builds on the latest science on how people learn, a cutting-edge educational technology, and a global experience. Minerva Schools are operated by the nonprofit Minerva Institute. With largely remote faculty & staff members and headquartered in San Francisco, Minerva offers highly selective undergraduate and graduate programs with students from more than 60 countries studying in seven countries.
Minerva is looking for an experienced information systems manager to join our team in full-time or part-time capacity.
As a globally distributed organization, Minerva Schools is especially dependent on information systems and technology to accomplish our work. We are looking for an IS manager to be responsible and accountable for the smooth running of our data operations and communication systems within the limits of requirements, costs, and timelines. The role is suited for someone with a background in systems administration, database management, or IT support, who is looking to contribute in a student-centric environment to an engaging institution.
The key operational systems and responsibilities for the IS manager are
- Maintain and support Minerva Schools' effectiveness and efficiency by developing and maintaining IS strategies and best practices. Initiate, coordinate, and enforce systems, policies, and procedures.
- Student Information System: Project management of development and maintenance efforts, interface between external IT specialists and internal stakeholders. Identify problematic areas and develop strategic and tactical solutions.
- G-Suite: Manage administration for all integrated and associated apps for 150 staff and 650 students.
- Manage IT and data operations for 20-30 ancillary communication/ collaboration/ productivity platforms. Provisioning, vendor management, system audits of technologies implemented, and coordination of technology platform choices.
- IT Support: Act in alignment with user needs and system functionality to contribute to IT and IS literacy within the organization. Design, develop, implement a user support function with a resource library, training, and direct support troubleshooting.
Design and implement rules to improve security and privacy of staff and students data.
- Contribute to team efforts by accomplishing related results as needed.
EXPERIENCE & EXPERTISE
- Five or more years of work experience as an IT Manager or in a similar role.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS or similar field preferred.
- Excellent working knowledge of systems administration, collaboration systems, databases systems, and operations best practices.
- Experience leading and managing IS projects and implementing IS infrastructures across various technologies.
- Ability to prioritize and juggle competing responsibilities and projects.
- Strong information analysis, critical thinking, and decision-making skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work with all kinds of people and in a globally diverse environment.
We are flexible in regard to full or part-time.
The position is exempt and comes with benefits if 75% FTE or above.
Presence in San Francisco is not required.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈