Level Two Cloud Technician
1 week ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: DevOps / Sysadmin
SquareTrade is the fastest growing company of its kind. We’re revolutionizing a $30b industry with service innovation and attention to customer satisfaction. We partner with some of the largest, most sophisticated retailers and carriers in the world (Walmart, Target, Amazon, Costco, and T-Mobile to name a few), consistently win industry awards, have received tens of thousands of 5-star reviews… and we’re just getting started. A member of the Allstate family, SquareTrade has headquarters in San Francisco and London.
The SquareTrade Level 2 Cloud Technician will be responsible for providing email and phone-based support for all activities related to cloud infrastructure for all types of servers and operating systems for SquareTrade clients. This individual must understand thoroughly how to leverage cloud infrastructure technology with hands-on technical experience. The ideal candidate will have extensive server virtualization and cloud application support experience.
This is a client-facing role with a major focus on support of SquareTrade’s “White Glove” engagements. The role will also support other technicians in their professional and technical development through ongoing mentoring and guidance.
The individual in this role will be exposed to leading and emerging virtualization and cloud-based technology including Microsoft M365 and applications, Windows 10 Enterprise, Enterprise Mobility + Security, Azure Active Directory, Azure IaaS, and other emerging cloud technologies in vendor product portfolio stacks. Strong familiarity of Hybrid Exchange environments is a plus.
What You'll Be Doing...
- Actively participate in live assistance to Level 1 technicians in remediation efforts, as needed
- Work with customers and vendors to provide advanced support of M365 applications, Windows 10, Enterprise Mobility + Security, Azure Active Directory, Azure IaaS and other emerging cloud technologies
- Assist with design and support of client cloud strategies in a consultative capacity
- Provide deep subject matter expertise in virtual server technology to resolve technical issues, consulting, and remote, hands-on client project support
- Achieve and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and provide a very high level of support to achieve customer satisfaction (CSAT) and net promoter scores (NPS); a goal of consistent 90 percentile for these scores.
- Track and report on work time and activities to management via SalesForce ticketing system and regular communication with Manager.
- Deliver technology advisory and implementation solutions that maximize business value from IT investments that come to light during regular case work with clients
- Remain up to date on the latest Microsoft M365 and Azure technologies, tools, and capabilities
- Research and train on emerging cloud and infrastructure technologies
- Assist in developing functional designs, processes, training, and definition of support procedures as requested
- Help develop and refine documentation for best practices regarding cloud infrastructure, security, server and desktop virtualization as requested
On an as needed basis...
- Review operations and business requirements for projects pertaining to server infrastructure with all project teams, management and client services groups for deployment and ongoing operations
- Support the team’s work with alliances and vendors to deliver exceptional value to our clients
You're Our Ideal Candidate If...
- 3+ years of relevant professional experience in a diverse server and cloud support environment
- 3+ years of client facing technical experience
- Ability and discipline to work in a fast paced and organizationally complex environment
- Able to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology to lead and manage workflow
- Expert knowledge of virtualization technologies
- Technical proficiency including strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Experience identifying and reporting on gaps in peer skillsets
- Ability to assist with documenting skill requirements and required certifications for roles/positions
- Knowledge of governance and security best practices and experience applying these to solve client problems
- Deployment and operational expertise across all Windows platforms
- Familiarity with public/private cloud computing environments based on VMware, AWS and other platforms
- In depth knowledge of Microsoft IIS, Domain management, ADFS, Active Directory, Permissions and Public and Private DNS
Some of the benefits of working @Squaretrade include:
- Not feeling stuck! This team has exposure to many different parts of the business, making transitioning easy...we work on developing careers based on what people enjoy!
- Competitive salaries, Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision), PTO, 401k matching
- Respect for your work-life balance
- A paid volunteer day to give back to the community
The Team: http://www.squaretrade.com/leadership
SquareTrade is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background check, which includes a drug screen.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈