Lead Infrastructure/Operations Engineer
1 week ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: DevOps / Sysadmin
Crossvale is looking for passionate individuals to make meaningful contributions to some of today’s most complex problems. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to work with emerging technologies and apply them to enterprise level organizations. We are committed to developing our engineers’ skills and creating an environment of success around trust and teamwork.
The Senior Engineer must be able to engineer solutions, debug issues, and assist in the deployment of solutions within the bounds of the client’s environment.
- Manage client engagements and provide direction in the areas of Cloud, Containers, Network routing, SSL certificates, Virtualization, System automation, Compute, Storage and OS setup
- Own overall planning, execution, and success of complex technical projects with the clients
- Contribute to product strategy and company vision evolving our current infrastructure offerings with more capabilities, such as AWS, Azure, GCP and kubernetes stacks
- Follow community updates to stay current with platform capabilities and adopting them to improve the service provided to our customers
- Cultivate a transparent and collaborative culture that contributes to the excellence in the delivery
- Help the clients transform from a legacy mindset to a modern mindset focused around automation, containerization, orchestration and DevOps
- Build, lead, and motivate a high-performance, client-focused MSP team
- Help set and manage success metrics across MSP members
- Work in a highly geographically distributed environment, with members/clients spread across multiple countries and different time zones
- Recruit top talent to grow the MSP team
- Participates in the evolution of company level best practices, standards, and policies as it is
- Ensure that the solutions being deployed are resilient, supportable and documented
- Collaborate with personnel across multiple departments and technologies on cross-team projects
- Ensures that design and infrastructure is “cloud ready” leveraging the latest design patterns and deployment techniques from the appropriate partner
- Sets expectations and priorities throughout the infrastructure life cycle
- Works as a member of an agile team
- Oversees team members on associated project work. Manages workload. Provides leadership
- Enhances architecture team accomplishments and competence by planning delivery of solutions; answering technical and procedural questions for less experienced team members; teaching improved processes; mentoring team members
- 6+ years experience in an "Infrastructure as Code" environment with expertise in configuration/deployment automation (Ansible preferred, Puppet or Chef will do as well)
- Extensive knowledge of any Infrastructure management tool (Cloudforms, CloudFoundry, VCloud, etc.)
- Current on DevOps, CI/CD, IaaS and PaaS patterns in the industry
- Knowledge of source control (Git preferred)
- Extensive knowledge of the Red Hat product portfolio (RHEL, Ansible Engine, Ansible Tower, CloudForms, Satellite, Red Hat Virtualization, OpenShift, Gluster, etc.)
- Ability to script anything in Bash is preferred
- Extensive experience with Cloud Infrastructure (AWS, GCP, or Azure)
- Extensive knowledge of VMware and/or Red Hat Virtualization
- Extensive knowledge of enterprise storage
- Solid understanding of RHEL 7, networking protocols, and microservices architectures
- Knowledge of Docker, and at least some experience in a lab testing it
Key technologies: Linux (RHEL 7.x), Automation (Ansible, Satellite), Container Orchestration (OpenShift 3.11/4.X), Cluster multi-tenancy management (RBAC, SDN, Authorization/Authentication, Resource management: quotas, limits), CI/CD (Jenkins, SonarQube, Nexus), Logging (EFK), Monitoring (Grafana, Prometheus, Alertmanager)
Crossvale is an "equal opportunity employer." Crossvale will not discriminate and will ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, creed, color, national origin, or sex.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈