Lead DevOps Engineer
2 months ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: DevOps / Sysadmin
The Lead DevOps Engineer reports to the Director of Technical Operations and is one of the most experienced and knowledgeable engineers in the TechOps Organization in the areas of Cloud Infrastructure, Site Reliability Engineering, and Developer Productivity. They will be leading projects in all of those 3 areas and participating in implementation. They will mentor engineers in TechOps and be influential across the rest of the Engineering Department.
- 5+ years of DevOps experience - supporting production cloud infrastructure (must include AWS) and software development toolsets and processes.
- 5+ years of experience with Linux-based Server Operating Systems, including shell scripting (BASH or equivalent)
- 2+ years of experience mentoring junior engineers in DevOps disciplines of Cloud Infrastructure, Site Reliability Engineering, and Developer Productivity.
- 2+ years of experience with Infrastructure-as-Code and Configuration-as-Code (Terraform/CloudFormation/etc and Puppet/Chef/etc)
- Strong understanding of web service fundamentals, such as HTTP/S, SSL/TLS, TCP/UDP, caching, DNS and load balancing.
- PostgreSQL Database performance tuning and high-availability experience.
- Ability to be a role model for team and cross-functional collaboration, demonstrating professionalism by example and empathy for other functional groups within the business.
- Experience using agile methodologies to plan and track project work.
- Experience working collaboratively with software engineers on web-apps, leveraging your familiarity with MVC frameworks, build pipelines and deployment strategies.
- Expert knowledge of monitoring systems including host/OS metrics, logging, and web application performance, using SaaS products such as DataDog, StackDriver, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate project plans and progress with stakeholders across the business, including experience producing technical documentation.
- Production Docker and Kubernetes experience.
- Production experience with Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
- Experience implementing Application Performance Monitoring (APM) tools (NewRelic, DataDog APM, AppDynamics, etc).
- Experience deploying Continuous Deployment solutions for high velocity development teams.
- Experience deploying Machine Learning models, or infrastructure for ML Training.
- Experience managing development tooling and workflows for mobile (iOS/Android) development.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈