Kubernetes/Cloud Solution Architect
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Europe Only
Category: DevOps / Sysadmin
At Kubermatic, we believe that businesses should focus on their core purpose: writing groundbreaking applications, not operations. In line with our commitment to make Kubernetes as easy as possible, we help IT teams worldwide to fully automate their Kubernetes and cloud-native operations across multi-cloud, edge, and on-prem.
As one of the top 5 corporate contributors to the Kubernetes Project, we develop enterprise-grade software solutions and provide professional services and support to safely navigate and accelerate your cloud-native transformation. Our open-source Kubermatic Kubernetes Platform makes it easy to operate thousands of Kubernetes clusters on any infrastructure.
If you are looking for a neatly structured environment, we are just not a good match. But if you are thrilled by the prospect of joining a technology start-up with a lot of room for your own ideas and personal growth, we definitely should at least have a chat.
What you'll do
- Consulting, conception and implementation of demanding projects and solutions in the public (AWS, Azure, GCP, packet), private (OpenStack, vSphere, bare metal) and hybrid cloud environment for various customers
- Design of network solutions
- Infrastructure provisioning in alignment with our own Kubernetes products
- Integration of storage systems and depending network infrastructure
- Security, audit and best-practice alignment
- Determining client requirements and developing innovative customized Kubernetes solutions, e.g.
- Kubernetes Core to the Edge
- Multi-Cloud and Multi-Account Management
- Highly available self-healing infrastructure based on the Kubernetes Operator Pattern
- Managed Service Provisioning and day-2 operations
- Work hands-on with clients to demonstrate solution integrations and execute POCs in client environments
- Traveling to client sites for meetings, presentations, demos, or POV/POC purpose
- Take technical responsibilities in Pre-Sales to design and implement prototypes
- Market evaluation for new and mature technologies, highly innovative solutions and providers, and market trends
What you'll bring
- Deep understanding of Kubernetes infrastructures and cloud architectures, hybrid and multi-cloud environments and their management
- Experience with complex network setups in cloud or on prem, load balancing, DNS certificate management, configuration management
- Experience with application development concepts and technologies (e.g. DevOps, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform)
- Experience in Golang and Kubernetes development is a plus
What you'll get in return
- The unique opportunity to join a growing startup and grow and learn with us
- A lot of room for your ideas and initiatives and the chance to quickly assume responsibility
- Agile development practices, cutting edge technologies (Kubernetes, Go and Prometheus) and an up-to-date stack
- Full support with getting the training and certification you need to do a good job (CKA, Linux Foundation Certification...) and conference opportunities
- As a remote-first company, we offer flexible working hours and home office as default, not on request
- A dynamic and still laid-back team (yes, you can combine that) with flat hierarchies, distributed over more than 13 countries
- Regular company events like hackathons, summer parties, afterworks, barbecues….
- We love community events - so you will definitely enjoy our meetups and our own community conferences ContainerDays and GoDays
- As a member of the Cloud Native Computing Foundation, we are able to offer certified courses and first-class information about what's coming up next in the Kubernetes ecosystem. And if you want to contribute, you are welcome to engage at CNCF projects or special interest groups
Please note that we only accept applications with a pdf CV!
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Europe Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈