Infrastructure Architect - Platform
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: DevOps / Sysadmin
*This position can be 100% Remote, but US-based candidates only.
Dealer Inspire (DI) is a leading disruptor in the automotive industry through our innovative culture, legendary service, and kick-ass website, technology, and marketing solutions. Our mission is to future-proof local dealerships by building the essential, mobile-first platform that makes automotive retail faster, easier, and smarter for both shoppers and dealers. Headquartered in Naperville, IL, our team of nearly 600 work friends are spread across the United States and Canada, pushing the boundaries and getting **** done every day, together.
DI offers an inclusive environment that celebrates collaboration and thinking differently to solve the challenges our clients face. Our shared success continues to lead to rapid growth and positive change, which opens up opportunities to advance your career to the next level by working with passionate, creative people across skill sets. If you want to be challenged, learn every day, and work as a team with some of the best in the industry, we want to meet you. Apply today.
Want to learn more about who we are? Check us out here!
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
DI is seeking an individual to serve as an Infrastructure Architect for the Company. Reporting to the VP of Platform Engineering, the Infrastructure Architect will be responsible for creating scalable technical solutions that will help Dealer Inspire create a fully integrated product platform.
- Design and implement a highly decoupled, event driven microservice infrastructure that will allow for quick movement against new and existing business domains.
- Create an infrastructure that allows for high observability and proactive alerting as first class citizens instead of tack ons.
- Create programmatic infrastructure that allows for the rolling of new services to be automated and repeatable.
- Architect and actively build out a highly-available, event driven microservice infrastructure that will sit at the center of product and website development at Dealer Inspire.
- Help to create reference infrastructure for various types of technical projects.
- Create Infrastructure that allows new microservices to be spun up at the drop of a hat in order to quickly create solutions for new business domains.
Required Skills & Experience:
- High proficiency in building the infrastructure for high-availability, decoupled, event-driven microservices.
- High proficiency in AWS, Kubernetes, Docker and other Systems technologies that are necessary for building easy to roll, highly decoupled, and automatically scalable systems.
- Strong understanding of the challenges to monitoring, tracing, logging, and other observability concerns in a microservice architecture.
- Strong understanding of technologies used to implement event driven systems, replayable event streams, and events as first class citizens.
- Understanding of the importance of getting ahead of outages before they become outages.
- Understanding of the trade-offs required in building high-availability systems.
- Experience understanding the pain points of getting a new team off the ground and best practices for establishing a culture of engineering excellence from day one.
- Experience running a mildly popular open source project and the documentation of said projects that allow it to be easily adoptable.
- The ability to coach and help grow other engineers, helping them to “learn what they didn’t know they had to learn”.
BENEFITS & PERKS*:
- 18 days of paid time off, plus select paid holidays
- Paid Volunteer Day & Paid Pet Wellness Day
- Robust Health Insurance Options: BCBS, Delta Dental, EyeMed
- Subsidized internet access for your home
- Subsidized gym membership
- Peer-to-Peer Bonus program
- Parental Leave
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
*Not a complete, detailed list. Benefits have terms and requirements before employees are eligible.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈