Information Security Analyst
5 days ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: DevOps / Sysadmin
Our vision is of a global community of individuals empowered to pursue the work they love. Our mission is to grow that community by transforming millions of thinkers into creators.
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in software development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
The Information security analyst monitors, investigates, responds and improves alerting for security-related events and incidents. The security team strives to reduce response times for security incidents by improving detective controls by modeling threat actor activity. This role will be on the front line in the incident response process and will be responsible for identification and escalation of security incidents.
The security team at GA is made up of an information security analyst (you), security engineering and the VP of Technology. You will report directly to the VP of Technology. Our current technology stacks include Heroku and AWS, ElasticStack (ELK), Behavioral endpoint EDR, and an industry-leading IDS/IPS. Your day to day activities will include looking at alerts and logs daily to triage and prioritize alerts. It would be beneficial if you held any of the following industry certifications: Security+, CEH, SSCP/CISSP (Not required)
This security team is small and has significant latitude to solve problems and improve GA’s security posture. We are looking for a self-starter that is motivated and will propose projects and improvements to both processes and infrastructure. For those reasons, this position would appeal to a strong analyst with enthusiasm to learn and grow in an organization whose mission is to empower individuals to do the work they love.
- Several years of experience in an information security roles
- You can create rules and filtering functions ELK stack
- Experienced in reviewing IDS/IPS alerts and logs and escalates for appropriate response
- You understand user behavior analytics (baseline, review and investigate carbonblack)
- Experienced in malware analysis and reverse engineering malware
- A working knowledge of Mitre Att&ck framework
- Work with security engineering to implement new controls and improve existing controls
- Investigate suspicious activities, contain and propose controls to prevent them when possible
- Work to reduce downtime and automate recovery tasks as playbooks
- Organize security strategy with stakeholders across the business
- Support audit and compliance initiatives using repeatable mechanisms
- Oversees, monitors and integrates logging and alerting for new and existing applications
- Identify and investigate activity based on threat intelligence feeds and indicators of compromise
- Analyzes processes and configurations of potentially impacted systems
- Create and implement containment and recovery strategies
- Assist in the vulnerability management process by assessing reports and penetration testing results
- Remote / flexible working hours
- Highly Competitive Salary
- Generous parental leave
- Annual Education Allowance
- Gym Allowance
- Apple MacBook Pro + External Monitor
- USA only
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈