Head of Infrastructure
Very Good Security
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: DevOps / Sysadmin
- Champion our culture of automation
- Lead, train and grow teams of system and infrastructure engineers to solve core engineering problems with impact to all engineering teams at VGS, and to keep our foundational services reliable and scalable
- Set and raise the technical bar, evaluate new products, vendors, and create POCs to improve the teams’ overall efficiency
- Take an active role in prioritizing the roadmap for the infrastructure org
- Drive cross-team and cross-org alignment in engineering, infrastructure, and product teams
- Partner with other engineering managers across VGS to achieve reliability outcomes for their services
- Proactively find, communicate, report, fix bugs and define process improvements
- Take the initiative to reach across team boundaries to get the mission done
- Participate in on-call shifts while improving monitoring and alerting to reduce noise for the team
- Be a part of a team that believes in the core values of transparency, collaboration, grit, and humility; in going above and beyond what is required in order to do the right thing for our customers and the company; and in having fun while doing all this!
- You have 5+ years of software engineering, reliability, or operations experience in a high volume SaaS platform environment
- You have 2+ years experience managing a team of 5 or more engineers on projects in the areas of: distributed systems, tooling, infrastructure security or infrastructure management
- You are comfortable collaborating and co-ordinating on cross-team projects and workflows
- You can provide a strong technical vision for systems and infrastructure teams
- You have experience building services and systems, have successfully taken projects from inception to production, and are comfortable diving in to provide leadership for major projects when needed
- You are capable of leading a discussion with upper management, and are able to tailor the level of technical detail to suit your audience
- Competent in several of the following: Infrastructure as Code - preferably Terraform, Ansible or Cloud Formation; Continuous Integration and Delivery (GitOps, CircleCi, Tekton preferred); Database experience (preferably with PostgresDB RDS), Containers (Docker, Kubernetes, etc)
- Ability to write tooling in Python or Golang
- Understand what operating in a small startup involves - you are a hands-on technical leader who can pick, implement and supervise the correct solution, set an example, and lead from the front
- People management of a 5+ member team where you are comfortable managing ~75% of your time
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience successfully working with distributed teams across time zones will be a plus
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈