Engineering Manager - Site Reliability Engineering (m/w/d)
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Europe Only
Category: DevOps / Sysadmin
At Jimdo, our mission is to help small businesses start, grow, and ultimately thrive online. Small businesses face new challenges with very little support or recognition. We know how hard this can be because we have been in their position. That's where you can help us—by designing intuitive tools to help small businesses solve complex problems.
With a forward-leaning and self-driven attitude, we continue to find new ways to help our customers get their ideas out into the world. As a team, we run at a steady pace to achieve what we aim for. We learn best by gathering data, trying new things, and sometimes even falling down along the way. It's the lessons we learn in the process that make us better problem-solvers for small business owners.
If you're motivated by our mission and excited to roll up your sleeves, try new things, learn from mistakes, and make a difference to small businesses around the world, we would love to work with you.
As Engineering Manager for the Site Reliability Team (SRE) at Jimdo you grow a new team from scratch tasked to establishing SRE best practices across the organization, including continuous improvement and automation. The SRE team is part of our infrastructure group and responsible for enabling our engineering teams to build, run and maintain high-traffic, high-availability production systems to ensure a reliable and performant experience for the businesses that rely on us.
You'll be part of our technical leadership team which sets vision and strategy to scale and evolve the engineering organization.
Team's Tech Stack: Go, AWS, Prometheus, CI/CD, Terraform
We are happy to invite you to work with us in our office in Hamburg or work permanently remotely from any location. Wherever your working location will be, we will make sure you get proper onboarding (virtual or in person) and that you are fully equipped to become part of the team from day one.
- Drive reliability initiatives across Jimdo
- Educate and support engineering teams on building, shipping and running scalable and reliable systems
- Mentor, grow and lead the team to raise the level of expertise continuously
- Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as a member of Jimdo's technical leadership team
- Coordinate team efforts, resolve impediments, and represent the team within the company
- Help in finding and hiring diverse and best talent to the organization
- Practical experience leading reliability efforts in a technical organization
- Experience building and leading engineering teams (2+ years)
- Experience applying modern SRE practices in high-traffic, high availability environments
- A desire to build an inclusive and diverse culture
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills
- Passion for learning and always improving yourself and others
Simon is looking forward to receiving your application.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Europe Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈