Engineering Manager - Infrastructure
3 weeks ago
Hiring from: Europe Only
Category: DevOps / Sysadmin
- You will help the team stay happy and productive by removing obstacles and optimizing team processes
- You will coach and mentor engineers of all experience levels, from recent graduates to senior engineers
- You will work with the team to develop and own a product vision that you’ll communicate to the company
- You will participate in the hiring process, from scouting potential candidates to interviewing and helping close new hires
- You will monitor availability and performance of distributed systems like NoSQL Datastores
- You will scale infrastructure to meet demand while keeping an eye on cost efficiency
- You will be willing to roll up your sleeves and debug/tune/code/fix alongside your team
- You will drive (and teach) technical incident response
- You have previous experience as a technical lead or manager, with the empathy and communication skills to match
- You take a “people first” approach and a deep care for healthy team culture
- You have experience with building, configuration, scaling, and monitoring distributed systems like datastores (e.g., Cassandra), messaging systems (e.g., Kafka), or resource management systems (e.g., Mesos)
- You have an understanding of how to achieve high availability, fault tolerance, performance, and disaster recovery
- You have experience using cloud computing services (AWS, Microsoft Azure, etc.)
- You have a mastery of Linux or Unix
- You can command your favorite modern programming language: Python, Ruby, Java, C++, etc.
- You have experience with configuration management: Puppet/Chef/Ansible/Salt
- Full responsibility for projects from day one, an awesome team, and a dynamic work environment
- Competitive salary with equity in the company, a pension scheme, and an optional employee stock purchase program
- 25 days paid holiday initially, rising to 29 with service
- Private health insurance, including dental and vision
- Flexible working hours and meeting-free Wednesdays
- Regular 3-day Hackathons and weekly learning groups, always with interesting topics
- Opportunities to participate in events and conferences throughout Europe and the US
- Public transportation season ticket loan and £50 per month toward any exercise of your choice
- Monthly personal development allowance
- Central location, a fully stocked kitchen, adjustable sitting/standing desks, quarterly offsites, locally roasted coffee, happy hours, and more!
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Europe Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈