Director of DevOps
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: DevOps / Sysadmin
- At least 10 years of professional experience as a DevOps/System Engineer
- At least 5 years managing a DevOps team.
- Detailed knowledge of cloud services including: EC2 (AutoScaling and LoadBalancing), S3, ECS, Lambda, IAM, VPC
- Understanding of system administration in both Linux and Windows environments
- Proficiency in Bash and Python
- Experience with Version Control Software (Git preferred)
- Experience implementing CI/CD (e.g. Jenkins, TravisCI)
- Experience with configuration management tools (e.g. Ansible, Chef)
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code (e.g. Terraform, Cloudformation)
- Understanding of monitoring tools (Pagerduty, CloudWatch, Datadog)
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Work with technology leadership to continually assess the performance of our systems and proactively make changes that adapt to business needs
- Work closely with our development teams to help them build testable and scalable software
- Ensure that all members of the team are working effectively and provide recommendations around tools or processes that would be beneficial to the organization
- Deploy and maintain critical applications on cloud-native microservices architecture
- Implement automation, effective monitoring, and infrastructure-as-code
- Manage our continuous integration and delivery pipeline to maximize efficiencyIterate on best practices to increase the quality & velocity of deployments
- Participate in 24/7 on-call rotations for mission-critical systemsDesign and implement secure automation solutions for development, testing, and production environments
- Secure, scale, and manage both Linux and Windows environments
- Continuously evaluate existing systems with industry standards and make recommendations for improvement
- Work collaboratively with multiple agile teams to help deliver end-to-end products and features, seeing them through from conception to delivery
- Continue to keep the lights on (day-to-day administration)
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈