Director, Information Security and Systems
4 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: DevOps / Sysadmin
GivingData is changing how philanthropy works
Philanthropists want to improve the world. That's why GivingData is helping foundations improve the way they work.
As Director of Information Security and Systems you'll be responsible for maintaining information security strategies, policies, procedures, and compliance across organization operations and our flagship product. This includes policy development, information security training, incident management, vendor onboarding and overall security posture and IT control environment for the Enterprise. You will report to the CEO and work in partnership with senior members of Product Development and Operations to ensure all technology platforms and integrations are secure and that clients, prospects, team members, and partners have full faith and confidence in the security of our systems.
- Reporting to the CEO, this role will drive the development, implementation, and monitoring of a comprehensive enterprise information security and IT risk management program.
- Promote and drive risk awareness, management, and governance corporate-wide as it relates to technology-related operational risks.
- Coordinate efforts with the product and operations teams in support of organizational risk goals and objectives to drive clarity as to potential areas of material technology risk.
- Lead the identification, reporting, and response to information security incidents.
- Develop systems/metrics for measuring and improving the effectiveness of the overall information security program.
- Coordinate and participate in audits, vulnerability testing, and compliance reviews representing information technology functions in support of security, audit, and risk needs.
- Review, analyze and make recommendations regarding the design and implementation of the operational risk management framework as applicable and required for technology risk.
- Stay current in technology-specific operational risk management techniques, industry best practices, and regulatory requirements.
- Develop and refine the program to ensure a sound approach to understanding the technology risk appetite and posture with supporting metrics, assessment results, and other data input as needed.
- Develop methodologies and practices to refine the technology risk framework that drives risk-aware, transparent decision-making.
- Prepare risk analysis documentation and participate with coordinated reporting as requested.
- Prepare IT-related business continuity and disaster recovery documentation and participate with coordinated reporting as requested.
- Prepare IT-related business impact analysis documentation and participate with coordinated reporting as requested.
- Provide oversight for Vendor onboarding process and vendor security posture assessment.
- Act as a liaison for the department, maintaining effective and professional relationships with information technology, information security, Purchasing, Contracting, Business Continuity
- Manage staff user accounts and access levels across enterprise platforms such as Google (GSuite), Microsoft Azure and Office 365.
- Device and endpoint management for staff computers and mobile devices.
- 5+ years of experience in the field of information security
- 5+ years of managerial experience
- Experience managing SOC 2 Type II audits
- Experience with Microsoft Azure cloud platform
- Strong working knowledge of cloud endpoint management platforms (GSuite, Jumpcloud)
Why join GivingData?
- A purpose-driven company with a goal to strengthen the work of social impact organizations.
- The flexibility and autonomy of a remote work environment, regardless of your time zone.
- Competitive compensation with bonus payouts tied to performance.
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans and optional Health Savings Account.
- 401k Plan with employer match up to 4%.
GivingData is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment, where we welcome and support people of varying backgrounds, beliefs, and perspectives for the benefit of our company and the philanthropic community we serve. We are committed to equal employment opportunities and seek to hire qualified individuals regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, age, marital status, socio-economic status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈