Director, Global Infrastructure (AWS)
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: DevOps / Sysadmin
Demyst unlocks innovation with the power of data. Our platform helps enterprises solve strategic use cases, including lending, risk, digital origination, and automation, by harnessing the power and agility of the external data universe. We are known for harnessing rich, relevant, integrated, linked data to deliver real value in production. We operate as a distributed team in the US and Asia and serve over 50 clients globally as a strategic external data partner
We are looking for an experienced and motivated infrastructure leader to help design and build the next generation of Infrastructure as Code at Demyst. Our infrastructure team supports a wide variety of applications and services, all designed to connect businesses with the external data they need. Individually, you will contribute to designing and building the infrastructure to support our business. As a team lead, you'll function as an architect and you'll guide the technical decision making process for the entire infrastructure team. We're not the biggest data solutions provider yet, but reliability and security are critical to our business and crucial to its continued growth. So, if you're up to the challenge, come join our team and help us deliver a high quality, reliable experience for both clients and developers.
- Design, build, and maintain the core infrastructure used by Demyst's engineering teams
- Work collaboratively to scope functional and technical requirements for new and potential projects and features
- Lead a small but growing infrastructure/DevOps team
- Debug production issues across services and levels of the stack
- Plan for the growth of Demyst’s infrastructure
- Build a stellar customer experience for internal and external end users
- Strong focus on creating self-service tools to augment the abilities of others
- Lead architectural improvements in our software development and delivery infrastructure and evaluate new technologies
- Collaborate with product and project teams to understand needs and enable them with infrastructure
- Strong understanding of and experience with AWS services
- Experience with Immutable Infrastructure and Infrastructure-as-Code (Cloudformation on AWS)
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
- Experience with Jenkins - We want to move away from Jenkins but Jenkins is the center of our deployments now so expertise with Jenkins is necessary to help us migrate away.
- Strong Experience with Linux Administration (Ubuntu + Amazon Linux)
- Experience managing large cloud server deployments that have seen heavy production usage
- Experience working remotely - we are a remote-first team
- Attention To Detail - Information Security is critical to our business
- High emotional intelligence - the ability to relate comfortably to and communicate with diverse groups of people
- Proactive Communication Style: As a distributed company, Demyst values communicating early and often
- This position requires collaboration between many different teams including sales, product development, security, and marketing
- Generous benefits & competitive compensation
- Put your own mark on the process
- Be a part of the exploding external data ecosystem
- Join an established fast growth data technology business
- Collaborative work culture
DemystData is committed to creating a diverse, rewarding career environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage individuals from all walks of life to apply.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈