1 week ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Lithuania
Category: DevOps / Sysadmin
Syntropy stack is a self-service solution that enables engineers to set up secure connectivity across all their endpoints in just a few clicks. If teams need to connect thousands of their endpoints, they can do so using our software agent in combination with container-orchestration systems like Kubernetes and configuration tools like Ansible.
Once devices are connected, Syntropy controller automatically routes packets via the best possible path using our smart routing tech and leveraging all major cloud networks at once to form segmented flat networks. On top of this, we provide clear visibility and performance insights into each connection using our network management tool.
Digging more into the tech behind all of this, currently, most of our backend is written in Python, Node.js, and Go.
The infrastructure is running on multi-cloud and hybrid-cloud environments (AWS, Microsoft Azure, Oracle Cloud just to name a few, and Bare Metal servers), and is administered completely programmatically, via Syntropy Stack with integrations to Nomad and Terraform. We’re using the most modern up-to-date services — Storage, Container Registry, Cloud Build, Monitoring, Logging, SQL, Pub/Sub, etc. Most of the code is deployed in containers on the Kubernetes cluster on GCP Kubernetes Engine.
The test automation uses tools like Testify (unit/integration), Docker-Compose (integration), Cypress (e2e). The entire development and deployment pipeline is chained together with GitHub, GCP Cloud Build, Container Registry, and Kubernetes Engine.
About this role
Syntropy is seeking experienced and highly enthusiastic DevOps engineer to join us on a mission to build the best-in-class Internet Technology products changing the world. You will be contributing to designing and maintaining highly scalable microservices infrastructure, using cutting-edge network management tools. We’re moving and growing fast, so expect high dynamics and plenty of challenges in your day-to-day work!
Being here you have clear growth paths to various senior positions as the company and technology organization achieves its targets and grows.
Main responsibilities will be:
- As a key member of our DevOps team, you will be designing, managing, and coordinating the maintenance of our hosted infrastructure.
- Suggest, architect, and implement improvements regarding best practices where possible.
- Designing infrastructure and automated systems to support massively distributed architecture.
- Constantly collaborate with developers, Product leads, and extended DevOps team to envision and proactively solve potential issues before they even arise.
- Minimum 5+ years of hands-on DevOps experience
- Extensive experience as an advanced level Linux administrator
- Extensive experience in Docker/K8s
- Good knowledge of Ansible
- Good knowledge in Python/Go/Rust and scripting
- Good knowledge of AWS/Azure/other cloud services, as well as Infrastructure as Code (Terraform)
- Competent with PostgreSQL
- Proficiency in git and continuous integration systems (Gitlab)
- Good knowledge in ELK stack and Prometheus/Grafana
- Good understanding of Networking, TCP/IP, and IPv6
- Experience with network dump analysis (wireshark/tcpdump)
- Experience with active participation in open-source projects
- Knowledge of C and tools (valgrind, gdb, compilers)
- Understanding of blockchain, smart contracts, and decentralized application development is a strong bonus
- Problems you’re proud to tackle and solve
- Work in a team of experts in Networking and Software Engineering field
- Be part of a dynamic startup team
- Enjoy flexible working hours (office & remote work)
- Possibility to grow into different roles and become a long-term member of the team
- Fair compensation based on experience and talent
- Innovative compensation structure (salary + company-issued cryptocurrency tokens as a bonus)
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Lithuania.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈