3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: DevOps / Sysadmin
TCGplayer was founded by Chedy Hampson & Ray Moore as a digital media platform within the collectible hobby space. We have grown from our initial roots working inside Syracuse-based hobby stores selling comic books, sports cards, CD’s, collectible cards, action figures, and tabletop games into an expansive eCommerce marketplace that connects a global community of millions of buyers with tens of thousands of retailers.
We have been ranked amongst New York State’s 50 best employers and Fortune.com’s top 100 companies for women in the U.S. Our entire team prides itself on creating a culture that fosters camaraderie, embraces diversity, and exudes passion. We provide stock options to 100% of our 250 team members and project our team to grow to over 400 by the end of 2021.
With our initial goal of building the most dynamic and compelling marketplace for collectible card games in the U.S accomplished, we are now set to bring our innovative technologies and customer focused approach to the entire $25B global collectible hobby market.
The Technical Operations team is responsible for the stability, reliability, release and deployment of TCGplayer infrastructure and applications. We support a suite of products that make up the leading online marketplace for trading card games and collectibles. Our applications and technologies connect thousands of businesses with customers across the collectible gaming industry, powering sales through physical stores, websites, mobile apps and the TCGplayer Marketplace. The primary function of the Technical Operations Team is to increase the efficiency of the organization through well-designed automation and infrastructure.
As a DevOps Manager you will work closely with engineering and architecture leadership to increase stability and reliability. You will be responsible for 24/7 operations of our platform. Ultimately you will execute and automate operational processes quickly, accurately and securely. Your responsibilities will include deploying product updates, identifying production issues and implementing integrations that meet TCGplayer needs.
- Design, develop and implement systems, policies and procedures
- Manage budget for hardware, cloud and software including but not limited to driving efficiencies in AWS/Cloud computing costs
- Supporting corporate infrastructure, tools, and systems, such as IIS, Jenkins, Octopus, Active Directory, G-Suite, etc.
- Design, create, and maintain comprehensive documentation of best practices for all implemented system configurations.
- Ability to develop, build, configure, deploy, and support solutions for services related to SCM, CI/CD, artifact management, automated testing, and monitoring
- Designing a cloud native infrastructure environment from local development all the way to a live production environment with a focus on real-world DevOps best practices
- Taking responsibility for production incidents, mitigating and resolving the underlying issue, and conducting post mortems to prevent the same issue from occurring again
- Using a deep understanding of cloud engineering and DevOps best practices to advise leadership on capacity planning, analysis, design, implementation and testing of the platform
- Implementing AWS infrastructure and architecture
- Building deployment pipelines with Jenkins and Octopus Deploy
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation and act as an escalation point for other Systems personnel.
- 6+ years administering multi-tiered, consumer-facing web applications
- 5+ years experience in managing DevOps/Automation teams
- 2+ years in release management or production operations
- 2+ years of experience in managing applications in AWS
- Experience with Docker and orchestration platforms like Kubernetes
- Proven experience in the Microsoft web stack (ASP.NET, IIS, Windows Server, SQL Server)
- Experience with load balancing and multi-layer application stacks
- Experience with configuration management tools (Chef, Ansible, Salt)
- Experience with continuous integration tools (Jenkins, Travis, Circle, Bamboo, etc.)
- Experience with deployment orchestration tools (Octopus Deploy, Jenkins, AWS CodeDeploy, etc.)
- Experience with scripting languages (PowerShell, Bash, Python, etc.)
- Experience with monitoring tools (New Relic, Datadog, Prometheus, etc.)
- Experience with logging tools (ELK Stack, Splunk, Loggly, Scalyr)
- Operational knowledge of infrastructure (Redis, Linux, Elasticsearch, AWS)
Our benefits program is one of the most flexible and progressive in the country. Plus, benefits start on day one, so you have everything you need to make a stress-free transition to life at TCGplayer.
- Comprehensive medical insurance with a variety of plan options to suit your needs
- Dental and vision insurance
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 100% company paid Family Leave
- 401k plan with 4% match
- TCGplayer stock options for all employees
- 100% company paid life insurance
- Paid trips to work with remote teammates
TCGplayer has been named a Great Place to Work five consecutive years. Our award-winning workplace culture is critical to ensuring our teams are building the best, most innovative solutions for game store owners. Learn more about working at TCGplayer.
- TCGplayer Receives $10 Million Growth Equity Investment From Radian Capital
- TCGplayer Reveals New Showcase and Pro Retail App at GAMA 2019
- TCGplayer Certified Great Place to Work Fifth Year in a Row
TCGplayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈