2 months ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Canada Only
Category: DevOps / Sysadmin
You are passionate about data, performance, accessibility, and you are a result-oriented professional. You are a product builder, who loves solving challenging problems and delivering powerful analysis that will help Moka reach new levels. We are looking for data and infrastructure specialists who want to work on cutting-edge technologies, be part of the data team behind one of the most popular Fintech app in Canada, bring fresh ideas and want to see them come to life. As DevOps specialized in Data infrastructure you will serve all departments and project critical to Moka's needs and have opportunities to develop your skills.
What You'll Be Doing
- You will own the deployment pipeline for Moka's AWS based Node.JS products.
- You will streamline the deployment process and ensure automation and continuous integration best practices are in place
- You will own the cloud infrastructure and develop best practices for update and security guidelines. Key handling, access handling, etc…
- You will provide technical and analytical guidance to the development team
- You will ensure product quality through the creation of automated scripts, as well as contributing to the overall automation framework infrastructure
- You will help identify performance bottlenecks in applications, processes, systems and methodologies; recommend optimal solution
- You will monitor infrastructure and improve system performance by identifying problems and recommending changes.
- You will ensure that the infrastructure is up to date and cost efficient.
- You will mentor, pair, share learnings and help others around you to grow
- 4+ years of experience in configuring and managing AWS environments.
- Working knowledge of CodePipeline, CDK, ECS, Fargate, and AWS account management.
- Experience with Typescript
- Experience with MERN stacks
Moka is on a mission to help Canadians achieve their financial goals. The Moka app makes it easy for everyone to save by automatically rounding up their purchases and investing the spare change, but roundups are just the beginning. To help our users across all aspects of their financial lives, we use data to develop personalized insights, recommendations and services. Now, we are looking for more great people who want to be part of a high-energy startup reshaping the financial services industry. If you want to work with talented people, solve big problems and make life better for hundreds of thousands of people, in Canada and beyond, come join us at Moka.
Moka is Canada's fastest growing fintech, and we're just getting started. Since launching in July 2017, Moka has been downloaded over 750,000 times and has helped Canadians save and invest, many for the very first time.
We've been featured in major media across the country, won a deal on Dragons' Den, and acquired an asset management firm with over $120M AUM. Our CEO Phil Barrar was nominated for EY Entrepreneur of the Year, made the Bay St Bull's 30<30 List, and has raised $14M in funding to date, most notably from NAVentures, the venture capital division of National Bank of Canada and Desjardins Capital, the venture capital arm of North America's largest association of credit unions.
What We Offer
In a short time, our team has grown from just a few to more than 50 people. At Moka, we value making an impact, asking the tough questions and being inclusive. Our people and their passion are what truly set us apart.
· Open-concept offices in St-Henri (dogs are welcome!) with snacks and coffee provided
· Comprehensive health benefits package including remote care and extras like subsidized metro/bus pass
· Generous vacation policy as well as flexible work hours and location
· Support for continuing your skills development, developing your industry knowledge and achieving your career and personal development goals
· Team activities and get-togethers like game night and our annual holiday chalet getaway
· A casual environment where you will work with smart and passionate people
We believe in being an equal opportunity employer and we celebrate diversity and differences of perspectives at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Canada Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈