DevOps Engineer at Lifebit
2 months ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Europe Only
Category: DevOps / Sysadmin
At Lifebit, we carve our own path. We're open-source pioneers and our driving mission is to revolutionize bioinformatics and biomedical data analysis forever.
Our product, Lifebit CloudOS, is the world’s first federated genomics platform for unified, secure research over distributed big data. No one has anything close. Think best-in-class UI/UX, seamless integration with open-source tools, powerful cohort browser, advanced AI. We’re leading the industry and leaving competitors in the dust. We intend to keep it that way.
While we know our technology is unmatched, we also know we can keep making it greater without an exceptionally strong team to help take it to incredible new heights. (We’ve got some really big plans afoot...).
Our engineering and research team is composed of a mix of software, and bioinformatics, engineers split between Lisbon and London. Software engineers don’t need any prior knowledge or experience in bioinformatics, we solve problems differently to the industry’s standards and favor creative problem-solving.
The different teams’ stack includes:
- Backend: NodeJS, TypeScript, MongoDB
- Infrastructure: Terraform, Docker, AWS, GCP
- Frontend: React-Redux
- Machine Learning: Python, Pandas, Sklearn, Tensorflow
- Bioinformatics: Nextflow, Conda, Python, R, Bash, Docker, Singularity
As a DevOps Engineer in our team, you will take ownership of:
- Creating automated deployment pipelines to generate infrastructure
- Improving existing pipelines and processes
- Improving our infrastructure performance and efficiency (in addition to ongoing maintenance and support)
- Supporting customer infrastructure setups
- Building monitoring and orchestrating solutions for deployments and upgrades
- Managing and supporting deployments and monitoring for customer delivery
- Delivering best practices guidance and support for managing architecture
- Facilitating upgrades, patches, and maintenance of deployments
- Creating and maintaining documentation and best practices
- Providing internal support and guidance to engineering teams
The role requirements below are just an indication of what we’re looking for - sometimes the perfect candidate is far more or less experienced than we anticipated. If you think that might be your case, please reach out and let us know!
You should have demonstrable knowledge and experience in building and maintaining scalable infrastructure in the cloud, specifically:
- Minimum 3 years of experience designing, building, testing, and maintaining software services
- Strong knowledge of Linux environments
- Experience building and managing containers, especially Docker
- Experience in cloud environments i.e. AWS, Google Cloud Platform Azure, OpenStack
- Experience in IT automation engines i.e. Terraform, Ansible, Chef, etc
- Experience in monitoring systems i.e. Datadog, New Relic, Prometheus
- Scripting experience in Bash, Python/NodeJS
- Fluency in English
- Ability to work in a fast-growth startup
Added value requirements:
- Experience managing NoSQL DBs
- Experience managing Hadoop infrastructure
- Experience with log centralized systems
- Kubernetes knowledge
- Knowledge of cloud network architecture and security
- Experience in putting in place secure and scalable infrastructure that can support thousands of services is a plus
- Competitive salary and generous stock options
- 25 days of annual leave plus the usual public holidays
- Monthly team activities
- Conferences, events, and training resources (Data science, AI, cloud, any tech stack, painting, origami, you pick!) - we offer €1,000 a year to each person for personal development)
- An international and diverse team
- Exposure to problems and applications in the cloud, data analysis, ML, life sciences, and big data fields
Lifebit is on the cutting edge of the biotechnology revolution.
In April 2020, we closed our Series A funding round with tremendous support from new and existing investors. With offices in London and Lisbon, Lifebit is a diverse team spanning Europe and North America, with each person empowered and involved in every aspect of the business.
Please check out some of the open-source projects our team has worked on:
YLOViZ Online: https://github.com/bfrgoncalves/Online-PhyloViZ
“Best open-source tech stack you’ll find! We’re collaborating every day with the most pioneering organizations on the planet, the smartest people who are leading and redefining bioinformatics. I could not imagine being anywhere else.” ~Dr. Claire-Alix Zapata, Head of Scientific Content, Lifebit
“Our leadership team lives and breathes our mission. Nowhere else can you be part of the decision making process on DAY ONE. Extreme ownership!” ~ Filippo Abbondanza, Bioinformatic Solution Architect, Lifebit
Here’s your chance to lead, to design, to own. To create.
Get in touch.
Would you like to receive interview invites from hiring managers at leading startups and tech companies? Check out Kandidate.com
This job listing was posted by Kandidate.com on behalf of Lifebit, with their consent. Your application, CV and other details will be forwarded directly to the company.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Europe Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈