1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: DevOps / Sysadmin
Linode is looking for a DevOps Engineer to join the Product Development team. As a member of our team, your primary responsibilities will include maintaining our product infrastructure and improving automation to deliver these services to our customers. In addition, you'll be responsible for advising developers on best practices. As a DevOps Engineer in product development, you'll have an opportunity to get your hands dirty at all levels of our stack. You'll help maintain core internet infrastructure for a cloud computing provider across globally distributed facilities.
We're a highly collaborative team with a focus on agile development and innovative solutions. We encourage and reward curiosity, ingenuity, and technical skill. If you like ambitious projects that have a huge impact, solving problems, and helping others, you'll enjoy working at Linode!
You don't have to have experience with all of these, but you should have experience with some of them and an interest to learn others:
- Python, Golang, and Bash
- SaltStack, Terraform
- Experience with Relational Databases
- Docker containers, Kubernetes
- Linux systems and virtualization
- Experience with running mission-critical Linux servers via the command line
- A history of automating and modernizing processes throughout the development lifecycle
- Strong knowledge of best practices including expertise in automation and security
- A proven track record of solving complex problems
- Experience with monitoring tools like Prometheus, Grafana, Elasticsearch
- Experience with credential management systems
- Experience working in a cloud hosting environment
- Advanced knowledge of Jenkins
- Some experience working with Perl and Artifactory
- Flexible work hours: We have flexible start times and a very generous paid time off package!
- Unbelievable benefits: We provide free comprehensive health/dental insurance, 401(k) contributions, a profit-sharing program, and pension plans!
- Monthly wellness reimbursements: up to $100 towards gym memberships, diet plans, massages, etcetera
- A Macbook Pro: to use around the office and at home
- Free hosting service: Take advantage of some Linode service - we'll pick up the tab!
- Linode Lunch: What goes better with technology than food? Nothing. We'll bring in a catered lunch every week.
- Competitive salary: It all begins with fair compensation. We believe in paying people well and rewarding those who go the extra mile.
Linode is committed to a culture that creates a sense of inclusion and belonging. We understand that teams perform their best when they include people with diverse backgrounds and differing perspectives, but also that to achieve greatness, people need to feel like they can be themselves; they need to be equal, included, and comfortable in order to perform at their best. Linode stands for equal pay, equal treatment, and equal experiences for all of our people, past, present, and future, regardless of age, race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexuality, socioeconomic class, disability status, or any other differentiating factor. We strive to make sure every last person we interact with feels like they belong and has the same opportunities as everyone else.
Since 2003, Linode has been providing cloud computing services to customers around the world. Linode offers compute, storage, and networking services from ten data centers in regions spanning across North America, Europe, Asia, and Oceania. We are committed to making Linode the most simple, powerful, and reliable hosting provider that thousands of customers—from the fastest-growing startups to established enterprises—trust. This industry moves fast, but we strive to hire the kind of people who can stay a step ahead and keep us - and themselves - at the top. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and welcoming workplace for all.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈