3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: France
Category: DevOps / Sysadmin
OpenClassrooms makes education and career mobility accessible to everyone, everywhere. 🌎
We are the leading online education platform in Europe and Africa, offering fully-accredited online diplomas based on the skills of the future and gathering a passionate community of 2 million students a month from around the world.
Welcome to the education revolution! #BecomeFutureProof
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to join OpenClassrooms reporting directly to the Tech Director - to manage, build and partially run our infrastructure and CI-CD stack.
This is a new role at OpenClassrooms and the successful candidate will be confident in coming in and establishing it to add value as quickly as possible.
From security to continuous integration, from observability to SRE, you will be in charge of defining our future infrastructure stack by engaging with our developers and end-users, under the guidance of the Tech Director and the help of our outsourcer
This role can be fully remote or office based. Given most of the business activity is currently in France - it would make sense for the successful candidate to be based there or in the UK and to be a fluent English and French speaker.
In this role, you will:
- Contribute to our infrastructure, middleware security, observability and dev tooling strategy
- Spread the DevOps culture and the feeling of added value of infrastructure
- Implement the right set of tools based on our needs
- Gather requirements and needs through exchanges with the developers
- Participate in squads to ensure efficiency and remove technological roadblocks
- Troubleshoot and investigate infrastructure and security incidents with the help of our outsourcer
- Configure our tools and services to get the most of them in terms of performance, security and functions
- Contribute to the global architecture of the infrastructure
- Strong infrastructure and operations background
- Familiarity with AWS and cloud providers in general
- Ability to conduct performance analysis
- Professional knowledge of devops toolchain
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically with strong attention to detail in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with Data Privacy, Business Continuity, Information and Cyber Risk and Technology Resilience
- Curious, investigative and analytical
- Exceptional interpersonal and communicative skills, both written and verbal.
- Positive attitude, "can-do" approach, team-player and decisive activity leader
- Excellent organisation skills - ability to plan and organise work so that it is efficient and effective
- Fluent English and French communication skills, both written and verbal (C1 in both languages)
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and constantly evolving environment
DESIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Relevant professional experience with proven ability to manage large and complicated projects with experience leading cross-functional projects and teams, driving results
- Experience with infrastructure as code
- Experience managing a high traffic website
- Experience creating a new function from scratch
Reports to Tech Director
The journey starts with a phone interview with a Talent Acquisition HR team member (30 minutes).
For the 1st round of interviews we plan face to face meetings with:
- Jonathan Lefebvre (Tech Director), (30 minutes)
- Talent Acquisition HR team member (1 hour)
For the 2nd round of interviews, you plan to:
- Take a technical assessment (business or study case,…) to be done at home or at the office (2 hours)
- Take an English or French test to be done at home (at your own pace)
For the final round, we plan face to face with:
- 2 or 4 peers from teams across the organization to discuss about Culture and Values at OpenClassrooms (2 hours)
- Meet with CTO (1 hour)
If you reach the final round, you will be asked to provide us with 5 professional references contact detail
Feel free to get the gist of who we are : https://openclassrooms.com/courses/how-do-we-work-at-openclassrooms
WHAT WE OFFER
- Remote working encouraged for employees
- For Paris-based office employees - Pass Navigo paid by OpenClassrooms
- Health insurance for free (“Mutuelle” monthly fee entirely paid by OpenClassrooms)
- Meal vouchers (Employer contribution at the max authorized by law)
- Access to gym for free (Gymlib paid by OpenClassrooms)
- Unlimited days off and a 1.000€ premium once a year for 15+ days off taken
- A company MacBook
- A work environment and a strong culture built on agility, openness, respect and high quality
👉 OpenClassrooms is a French hyper-growth company eligible to the French Tech Visa program. That means, for foreign candidates, benefiting from the accelerated procedure to apply for a "Talent Passport" residence permit. There is also a simplified "accompanying family" procedure available for spouse and dependent minor children.
More information here: https://visa.lafrenchtech.com/4/french-tech-visa-for-employees
👉 We are an equal opportunity employer who value diversity and welcome everyone who wants to join us and make education accessible. We are at an exciting moment and we deeply believe that various backgrounds and experiences will lead to a better product for our students.
👉 Working at OpenClassrooms means joining a dynamic and stimulating team, take up challenges, meet awesome people every week, and change the world, a little bit, everyday! 🌎
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: France.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈