3 months ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: DevOps / Sysadmin
ABOUT BITFOCUS, INC.
Bitfocus is a rapidly growing company working to help communities use data to tackle their greatest social challenges. Our software and services help non-profit, government, and community organizations build effective response systems to homelessness and are used in more than 75 communities, including high profile communities serving the densest populations of homelessness nationwide.
Our professional services set us apart from other software companies. We provide typical software administration services, but the heart of our service is the partnership we build with our communities to better understand their needs and goals when it comes to addressing homelessness. We collaborate with community leaders, share knowledge gained working with communities across the county, act as liaisons between policymakers and staff on the front lines, and we take the lead on a variety of projects and initiatives to help our communities meet their goals around ending homelessness.
Our diverse and inclusive culture has played a key role in our success at Bitfocus.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or disability.
Bitfocus is a fully remote organization; this will be a work from home position.
About our Engineering team:
Our Engineering team's mission is to promote a data driven decision-making culture to solve homelessness. We do this by combining a team of experts in development, analytics, database infrastructure and integration with social services experience. From Feature Releases into Clarity Human Services, to development project initiatives, to system infrastructure and QA engineering, we play an integral role in the ongoing stability and enhancement of Clarity Human Services.
The DevOps Engineer will work closely with Developers, QA and Operations teams to ensure exceptional quality automation is implemented on application and database migration processes. A successful engineer will establish good working relationships with one or more teams, providing automation and support through the development cycle for any required changes to the build and release processes required to get a product released into test and production environments.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will:
- Automate software builds and release configurations.
- Design and implement work-flows to automate the release and upgrade process for applications in lower Test and Production environments.
- Troubleshoot build and deploy failures, and facilitate resolution.
- Implement complex application and database driven automation release tasks.
- Manage continuous build, test and deploy processes.
- Maintain and enhance the automated continuous integration and continuous delivery environment.
- Support all pre-production and production managed environments for middleware services and applications.
- Work with cross functional, geographically distributed teams to provide 24X7 deployment support across multiple lower test and production environments.
- Own deployment problems and provide active coordination between various groups in resolving a specific issue.
- Provide assistance to DEV and QA groups to include: participating in meetings, building out environments, troubleshooting deployment/configuration related problems.
- Create system dashboards that help improve product availability.
- Evaluate and adopt new tools to improve build and release processes.
- Communicate status frequently to product teams and engineering program managers.
- Document any new process or update an existing Jira or Confluence page.
You will love this position if:
- Using modern, industry standard technology, tools, and development practices appeals to you.
- You use creativity to build solutions the “the right way” so you can be proud of the work you accomplish.
- Learning new skills and approaches is exciting in order to keep the products evolving, as well as keeping your own skill sets growing.
- You thrive when working with a self motivated, hard working, and supportive team.
- You enjoy a management team that is easily approachable and frequently provides opportunities for employees to give feedback, make requests, or have an open discussion.
Required experience that drives success in this role:
- Expertise with Linux distributions and maintaining package builds.
- Expertise with strong knowledge on Source Code Management, Continuous Integration/Delivery solutions (Git/Stash, Jenkins, Maven, Artifactory and UDeploy).
- Experience in maintaining Linux based virtual machines on Test, Staging and Production environments.
- Expertise with vSphere, ESXi, and other hypervisor configurations.
- Familiarity in supporting and maintaining, scalable enterprise-class applications in public cloud (AWS/Azure) or private cloud solutions.
- Experience with container management technology (Docker is a plus or Vagrant).
- Experience with configuration management and automation tools (Chef is a plus or Puppet).
- Automate monitoring and test disaster recovery and backup functions.
- Support highly available production environments.
- Hands on experience with monitoring/data collection tools.
- Knowledge of IP networking, VPN's, DNS, load balancing and firewalling.
- Experience in developing end-to-end build/release automation for complex solutions for large-scale enterprise systems.
- Knowledge of good coding practices towards measuring improved code quality and database concepts.
- Experience working in an Agile Scrum environment strongly desired.
- Demonstrates ability to lead technical discussions among software development engineers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
What makes you stand out:
- Experience with HMIS.
- You are an engineer's engineer and you support and collaborate with strong technical competence that generates respect from peers and teams.
- You take a hands on approach to your work while displaying a strong work ethic.
- Experience using agile methodologies in sometimes ambiguous situations.
How will Bitfocus support you:
- Work in a fully remote/virtual environment with a robust onboarding and training program that sets you up for success.
- A unique, friendly and caring culture! Hear more from our employees on Glassdoor.
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Paid volunteer time off
- Bitfocus primarily uses Apple computers; all new employees receive either an iMac or MacBook Pro to use in their role at Bitfocus
- Opportunities for professional growth and development
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈