Burning Glass Technologies
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: DevOps / Sysadmin
Burning Glass Technologies is an analytics software company that has cracked the genetic code of an ever-changing labor market. Powered by the world's largest and most sophisticated database of labor market data and talent, we deliver real-time data and breakthrough planning tools that inform careers, define academic programs, and shape workforces. Our SaaS solutions provide researchers, policy makers, educators, and employers with detailed real-time awareness into labor-market demand allowing them to close the skills gap and target the educational needs of their workforce. Burning Glass proudly serves a client base that spans six continents, including educational institutions, government workforce agencies, academic research centers, global recruitment and staffing agencies, major employers, and leading job boards.
The TechOps team has responsibility for the design, deployment, and support of our technology platforms including an on-prem data center, offices, corporate networks, and cloud environments. We own the development and support of the underlying infrastructure allowing our applications to rapidly grow and evolve, enabling fast and reliable data pipelines, and ensuring the insights we provide to our customers are always available. That is why we are driving the transformation to a modern, scalable, and infrastructure-as-code model.
We are looking to expand our team with someone focused on designing and building out our cloud, automation, observability, and security platforms. When you join us, you will help drive projects such as:
- Standardizing baselines and templates for all services and enforcing our AWS best practices across our AWS accounts
- Implementing configuration and patch management systems to fully automate the deployment and operation of our servers.
- Redesigning our AWS, Corporate, and VPN networks to streamline access for a global workforce.
- Transitioning all our infrastructure releases into a CI/CD pipeline
- Integrating AppSec scanning tools into the development cycle
- Defining best practices around application performance monitoring and building the systems to track that performance over time
- Creating an observability platform
- Developing and testing disaster recovery plans for our core services
We are looking to add engineers to our TechOps team that have experience working in cloud-based environments run using modern DevOps principles – automate everything, infrastructure is code, applications and infrastructure are one, and observability is not optional. If you have experience in these areas, then we want to talk with you.
- Building cloud environments, particularly at AWS, using Cloudformation, EC2/RDS, Lambda/API Gateway, and Cloudwatch
- Treating Infrastructure as Code by scripting tasks (Bash, Python, Powershell), using repositories (Github, Gitlab, Bitbucket), following an SDLC (Gitflow, Pull Requests), and never doing things manually in production.
- Working with continuous deployment systems, setting up CI/CD platforms (Jenkins, CodePipeline, Team City) and automating manual work for both infrastructure and applications.
- Managing Serverless and Containerized applications, running Docker in the cloud (GCP, ECS, EKS), deploying orchestration frameworks (Kubernetes), development using docker (SAM, Localstack), and managing Lambda versioning.
- Automating Server Management with configuration management (Puppet, Chef, Ansible), pathc management, scripting tasks (Bash, Python, Powershell), autoscaling and rolling deployments.
- Creating Observability through centralized log monitoring (Sumo, Splunk, ELK), event collection (Graphana, Prometheus, Datadog, Logic Monitor), Synthetic and RUM monitoring (New Relic, DataDog), and incident response tracking (PagerDuty, OpsGenie, xMatters).
- Implementing DevSecOps through automated security checks (Veracode, Whitesource), Intrusion Detection (Guarduty, Alertlogic, Trendmicro), compliance monitoring (CIS Benchmarks), and managing security for a remote workforce (CASB, Cloud AV)
Do our projects sound interesting to you? Does this sound like your background? Then what are you waiting for - Apply!
Burning Glass Technologies is committed to providing equal treatment and opportunity to all individuals without regard to gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Burning Glass Technologies is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a policy of equal access, and inclusion, and a safe workplace free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈