1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: DevOps / Sysadmin
The role is homed within the product engineering team and will provide platform services reporting to the DevSecOps lead. Examples of work include:
- Owning and improving the deployment system for the primary SaaS application
- Providing reliability reviews and guidance during the architecture and design stages
- Acting as an SME to development teams for monitoring and logging
- Providing guidance and support for CI and CD techniques
- Optimizing AWS costs to enable responsible scaling
- Participating in team-wide duty rotations for review, security, and release
These are broad examples; the specific work you’ll be doing will reflect your experience, skills, and career goals.
You should expect a low amount of direct supervision and to work with other teams as well as independently manage your own projects.
- NodeJS, Python, Shell
- Serverless (Lambda, Fargate, Elastic Beanstalk)
- Athena, Postgres, Elastic, Redis
- AWS, Terraform, Datadog
SetSail is a growing company and in search of a well-rounded engineer with a DevOps mindset, a curious nature, and a pragmatic approach to handling complexity. The ideal candidate will have recent experience in Operations, Reliability, Infrastructure, or Release Engineering roles using cloud architecture.
If you have experience in *any* of those roles and 5 or more years in the industry as a whole, please apply! We’d love to talk to you and see if there’s a good fit.
This position is open to US residents and is fully remote. The current majority of team members are located in US Pacific timezones. We communicate primarily though Slack, video calls, and tickets.
To be successful in this role you will need …
- to know how to code
- to be a fast learner
- to communicate well in written and verbal mediums
- to seek out and respond to feedback
- to understand problems from the customer’s perspective
- to know how to position solutions to address problems early
- Proven aptitude in building consensus, resolving conflict, solving tough business problems, and rolling up your sleeves to do whatever needs to be done.
- A true "team player" mentality with positive and fun energy, who actively seeks out feedback, and iterates quickly.
- Strong communication skills, comfort in front of senior groups, and accountability for action items.
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams, and third parties.
- 100% remote team with an onboarding package to help get you setup.
- Generous benefits: Health/dental/vision coverage (Anthem Blue Cross PPO, Spirit Ameritas dental and Spirit VSP vision), and we cover 95% of employee cost and 80% of any dependent cost, company 401k.
- Equitable company equity.
- Flexible time off and one Friday a month off to reboot.
- Monthly food and snack stipend to keep you energized.
- Company game nights -- bring your A-game!
- We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈