1 week ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: DevOps / Sysadmin
We are Privo, an AWS Premier Consulting partner headquartered in Woburn, MA with expertise in AWS migrations and management, managed services/help desk, and cybersecurity. Not only do we plan, build and optimize for our clients, but we also have a growing list of clients that rely on us for 24x7 monitoring and management of their AWS infrastructure. We combine deep AWS experience with a genuine joy for the work we do. Working closely with great companies to solve their most important IT challenges is what gets us out of bed in the morning. We are seeking people who are smart, charming, gritty, and anxious to learn; and we give them opportunities to learn new skills and go deeper with the ones they already have. If you are looking for a place to grow professionally, this is it.
We want you to help build our AWS Managed Services team. We have a growing list of clients that rely on us for 24x7 monitoring and management of their AWS infrastructure. But that's not on all!
Privo takes an “engineering first” approach to AWS account management, meaning we don't sit our hands waiting for things to break. In this position, you'll take an active role in pushing the envelope in AWS to proactively improve a client's infrastructure to be the best it can be.
There's no such thing as “hands off” at Privo, and we only know one speed. We have a strong emphasis on automation so a big part of this role is contributing to our automation scripts. We automate everything! Speed is key when you're on the forefront. If you're a slow learner, or you prefer a more deliberate pace, you'll probably be a little uncomfortable with the rate of learning and the breadth of new projects/clients. However, if that sort of thing excites you, you'll have an opportunity to be right on the cutting edge of cloud technology, growing your AWS skills faster than you could have imagined.
- Engage in AWS engineering work for clients via tickets submitted to the service desk as assigned
- Be an AWS platform expert in the “core” infrastructure areas (VPC, EC2, RDS, S3, etc.)
- Gain familiarity with Privo's strategic AWS services (WorkSpaces, AppStream, ECS, CodeDeploy, etc.)
- Deploy and maintain AWS infrastructure in client environments
- Contribute to Privo's codebase with CloudFormation, Terraform, or potentially other automation and scripting languages
- Participate in an on-call rotation for emergency support issues
- Acquire and maintain all 5 of the “core” AWS certifications (Solutions Architect - Associate, Solutions Architect - Developer, SysOps Administrator - Associate, Solutions Architect - Professional, DevOps Engineer - Professional)
- Engage directly with clients via phone and video calls to offer guidance and complete tasks
- Contribute to Privo's ever-growing knowledge base
- Dedicate roughly 65% of your time to engineering tasks
- Be a consultant and proactively solve problems for clients beyond just “closing the ticket”
- Work independently and as part of a team
- Contribute positively to the kick ass Privo culture!
- 7+ years of IT infrastructure experience overall
- 3+ years of Linux system administration experience, particularly supporting 3-tier web applications
- Alternatively, healthy exposure to general server administration (Windows, Active Directory, Linux, DNS, etc.) is great!
- 1+ years of experience migrating and managing AWS workloads
- Experience on a service desk
- Familiarity with AWS platforms such as EC2, VPC, S3, ELB, RDS, Route53, WorkSpaces, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, and more
- Fluency with modern DevOps concepts, CI/CD processes, git commands, container platforms (docker, kubernetes, ECS, etc.)
- Comfortable working with CloudFormation, Terraform, or a healthy appetite to learn!
- An obsessive need to automate. Relevant languages include: bash, python, PowerShell, AWS CLI
- Familiarity with Jupyter Notebooks is a plus
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect (CSA) certification is a huge bonus
- Other-worldly communications and customer service skills
- An infectious, positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Ability to manage your time and keep things from falling through the cracks even with multiple, simultaneous projects going on
- Not afraid to learn a few new tricks!
- A ridiculously great work environment. Our top priority as a company is creating a place where people love to work. Our office is relaxed, collaborative, and fun. No bureaucracy or micromanagement here! We understand that people want to come to work to make an impact, solve interesting problems, help their teammates, grow their skills and their careers, and build something great. We give you the freedom, respect, and resources you need to do just that. On top of that, the company is growing extremely fast which is both exciting and challenging at the same time. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, you'll love it here.
- Ability to Work Remotely. Working at Privo allows you the flexibility of working from home (only if you want to!). We collaborate using Slack and Zoom and it works great. If you are within driving distance from Boston, we ask that you come to the office every other Thursday, where we get everyone together for a bi-weekly meeting and bring in lunch. Come in every day if you want! For remote employees, we try to get together at least quarterly, either by flying you to our office, meeting you at AWS re:Invent, or somewhere else. The hours and location are insanely flexible.
- Grow your AWS Skills. We have a steady stream of incredibly exciting and challenging AWS migration and management work, most of it referred directly from AWS. Work alongside extremely talented AWS solutions architects and learn the AWS platform inside and out. You'll have opportunities to solve some of the juiciest technical problems you'll ever encounter. Privo will pay for you to take a number of AWS certification exams and any other certifications that are relevant to your role/Privo AND we'll award you with a $250 bonus for all successfully completed/passed exams. You will never get bored here!
If this sounds like your kind of place, we, of course, want to see your resume, but more importantly, we want to hear why you think you would be successful here. We're not asking for the standard cover letter. We want your authentic voice and your personality to come through. Tell us your story. If you half-ass a cover letter or send something generic, we're going to half-ass our consideration and send you a generic rejection letter. No offense.
We look forward to meeting you!
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈