2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: DevOps / Sysadmin
Designed by analysts but built for the entire team (security operations, threat intelligence, incident response and security leadership), ThreatConnect’s intelligence-driven security operations platform is the only solution available today with intelligence, automation, analytics, and workflows in a single platform. Centralize your intelligence, establish process consistency, scale operations, and measure your effectiveness in one place. To learn more about our threat intelligence platform (TIP) or security orchestration, automation, and response (SOAR) solutions, visit ThreatConnect.com.
The DevOps team at ThreatConnect is searching for a new engineer to join us. We are a multi-functional team that works with both internal and customer-facing groups to deliver world-class service 24x7 for our global clients. We also collaborate with core engineering, platform integrations, and QA teams to provide CI/CD services as well as R&D environments.
Our team operates on the bleeding edge of technology in an expanding industry and we are looking for someone to grow with us. We are searching for someone who is solution-driven and is willing to experiment to find the right tool for the job. We respect different technological opinions and want someone who is willing to propose and follow through on innovative ideas.
As a part of the DevOps team, you will work on the design, deployment, and the monitoring of our production systems. In supporting our global users, you will respond to various system events on a multi-shift schedule and an on-call rotation. You will plan, develop, and implement tools that grow our platform in a stable, sustainable, and scalable manner.
In this role you'll get ...
- The ability to work on something different on a daily basis.
- To work on a team where every member has a voice
- To be creative in technological solutions for internal and customer facing problems
On day one we'll expect you to...
- Be comfortable on a Linux command line interface
- Be knowledgeable of the git version control system
- Be knowledgeable of at least one configuration management system, preferably Ansible
- Be familiar with the workings of a CI-CD pipeline tool, preferably Gitlab
- Be comfortable working with Docker containers
- Be able to use a ticketing system for issue tracking
- Be familiar with a cloud web services provider, preferably AWS
At 3 months we’ll expect you to…
- Take on a 2nd shift once per week from 3 pm to midnight Eastern time. You will have a late start and reduced schedule the following day.
- Own internal-facing Jira tickets
- Be contributing quality code to our configuration management systems
- Have a strong understanding of the full ThreatConnect stack
- Have a strong understanding of the ThreatConnect CI-CD pipeline
At 6 months we’ll expect you to..
- Become part of the full on-call rotation, spending one week as a primary contact, one week as a backup contact, and the remaining weeks off-call
- Fully own internal- and customer-facing Jira tickets, and follow them through to final resolution
- Partake in the code review process for new changes to our configuration management systems
- Be contributing ideas and solutions for how to improve our development and operational workflow
At 12 months we’ll expect you to..
- Own and lead the effort on at least one major new project
Added bonuses you have...
- Experience administering relational databases
- A working knowledge of SQL
- Experience with Kubernetes
Team Culture: We believe that every member of the DevOps team is a skilled engineer with a voice capable of contributing to the success of our group, our company, and our customers. All valid ideas and proposals will be given due consideration, provided they align with ThreatConnect’s overall vision and direction. We do not assign blame for any mistakes that occur, preferring instead to use them as an opportunity for improvement and growth, both individually and as a team. We are also strong advocates for collaboration, and we encourage intra-team communication, brainstorming, and rubber duck sessions.
More About the DevOps Teams: The DevOps team is working closely with the other groups in the Engineering department to transition from a “startup” mindset to an “established company” mindset. This change has been a monumental testament to the talent in DevOps, the Engineering department, and ThreatConnect as a whole. DevOps specifically have been instrumental in setting up quality CI/CD pipelines that are actively in use by our Core development and QA departments. Internally, DevOps have also transitioned to Agile methodology using two week sprints. We are also currently establishing a proper testing practice for our configuration management systems. As part of this culture transition, there are still places where legacy code and systems can be seen, but we are diligently working to replace those in a controlled, testable, and scalable manner. At the Engineering level, management has been working closely with our Product Management team to revamp our internal roadmapping and feature request processes, allowing us to begin releasing ThreatConnect at a faster pace.
- Monitor and respond to production issues
- Provide tier 3 support to internal and external users
- Iteratively develop and improve automation tools and workflows
- Contribute to several projects used to build and manage production
- Explore new approaches to existing problems
- Work one second shift (3p-12a EST) per week
- Provide 24*7 support on a weekly on-call rotation
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines such as GitLab, Travis CI, or CircleCI
- Administration of Linux-based systems
- Experience operating production web services
- Proficiency with cloud infrastructure providers such as AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Familiarity with a scripting language, preferably Python and/or shell
- Experience with git version control
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Chef, or Puppet
- 1-3 years of total technical experience
- Experience with PostgreSQL, MySQL or other relational database systems
- Experience with Terraform or similar IaaC platform
- 10 Paid Federal Holidays
- Accrued Paid Time Off (PTO) for vacation/sick time
- Your birthday off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Employee recognition program with quarterly awards
- Employee referral program
- Military leave options available
- Education reimbursement program for job-related college courses and professional training
- Quarterly events with your geographic team
- Annual company party
- Further Learning/Educational Stipend
- MEDICAL PREMIUM FOR INDIVIDUALS AND FAMILIES ARE 100% COVERED
- Prescription drug coverage
- Pet Insurance
- Dental coverage
- Vision coverage
- Company-paid short term and long term disability
- Company-paid insurance and AD&D coverage
- 401K retirement savings plan with company matching program up to 6%
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts (medical, dependent care, transit and parking)
- Cell phone stipend
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈