DevOps Curriculum Writer
2 weeks ago
Job type: Contract
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: DevOps / Sysadmin
Fullstack Academy is a top-ranked immersive school for technical skills training based in New York City. Fullstack offers comprehensive in-person and remote training opportunities across the U.S. and prepares students with the in-demand skills they need to launch fulfilling tech careers.
"Fullstack Academy has been a life-changing experience" is something we hear often and the reason why we come to work everyday. We’re looking to expand our offerings in 2021 to include DevOps training and we’re looking for a passionate DevOps professional who would be inspired to create a top-tier curriculum and experience for students looking for fulfilling careers in DevOps.
About the Role
As the DevOps Curriculum Writer, you will design and write the curriculum for our new DevOps immersive education program, covering topics such as Linux and Bash, AWS Architecture, Python for SysAdmins, Continuous Deployment/Continuous Integration, Automated Testing, and other advanced topics, culminating in a practical final project. You will partner with a team of learning professionals to ensure the development of a high-quality educational product.
This is a ~3-month contract role and reports to the DevOps Product Owner. Fullstack Academy is currently working 100% remotely and anticipates doing so through the duration of this contract.
In this role you will:
- Lead a cross-functional team to design and build Fullstack’s new DevOps curriculum from the ground up.
- Design the course learning objectives (CLOs) and the curriculum framework
- Build the instructional content in partnership with the broader Curriculum team, including: lesson plans, presentation materials, student workshops, assessments and lecture videos
- Assist with instructional tool development as needed to support the curriculum
You are a great candidate if you have:
- 4+ years of experience in DevOps Engineering or similar role
- Proficiency with the core technical skills of DevOps: Linux and Bash; AWS Architecture, Python, CI/CD, Containerization (Docker, Kubernetes and Terraform), and Configuration Management (Ansible)
- A deep understanding of the current state of the DevOps industry - best-in-class tools, key technologies and professional skillsets, etc.
- Formal experience creating learning content, including lesson plans, classroom presentations, video demos, etc.
- The desire to create a brand-new, world-class DevOps program from the ground up, operating with a high degree of ownership and independence
- The desire to work in a fast-paced, “startup within a larger company” environment
- A love of DevOps and education, and a passion for growing the careers of a diverse new generation of DevOps engineering professionals
You are an exceptional candidate for this role if you also have:
- Served as a Hiring Manager for entry-level DevOps Engineers
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈