DevOps CI/CD Engineer
1 month ago
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: DevOps / Sysadmin
Upstart is the leading AI lending platform partnering with banks to expand access to affordable credit. Forbes recently ranked Upstart #12 on its list of "most promising AI companies in America." By leveraging Upstart's AI platform, Upstart-powered banks can have higher approval rates and lower loss rates, while simultaneously delivering the exceptional digital-first lending experience their customers demand. Upstart's patent-pending platform is the first to receive a no-action letter from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau related to fair lending. Upstart not only supports a large remote workforce, but also has offices in San Mateo, CA; Columbus, OH; and Austin, TX.
Most Upstarters join us because they connect with our mission of enabling access to effortless credit based on true risk. If you are energized by the impact you can make at Upstart, we’d love to hear from you!
As a Senior Release Engineer, you will own the build/release pipeline operation of our production, staging and development systems. You will own and develop our CI/CD tooling and infrastructure, including high-compliance services on AWS, and help us roll out new services on Kubernetes on AWS. You will also lead the way in building tooling and automation to close the feedback gaps in the CI/CD pipeline, develop new integrations with third-party services and monitor the health of our build/deploy infrastructure. You will be responsible for the performance of our test suite and will be instrumental in creating a comfortable development environment for a growing team of software engineers and work in tight cooperation with our SDET team. You will have great autonomy in technology and implementation options and will report directly to our Head of DevOps.
Position Location - This role is available in the following locations: Remote, San Mateo, Columbus
Time Zone Requirements - This team operates on the East/West Coast time zones.
Travel Requirements - This team has regular on-site collaboration sessions. These occur 5 days, twice a year at the San Mateo office. If you need to travel to make these meetups, Upstart will cover all travel related expenses.
What we're looking for
- 7+ years of experience in a DevOps/SRE/Build-Release role, preferably at a startup using Kubernetes and Jenkins.
- Experience with CI/CD principles, architecture and operations
- Comfort working in high-security / high-compliance environments, such as finance or healthcare
- Experience setting up and working with Jenkins in a containerized environment.
- Experience with Docker and container orchestration tools like Kubernetes and ECS
What you’ll love:
- Competitive compensation (base + bonus & equity)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Personal development and technology & ergonomic budgets
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Clubs and activities (Game Nights, Fitstarters, Superwomen, Book Club, Investing Club, Money Discussions, Photography Club and Basketball teams)
- Generous vacation policy
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈