3 months ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: DevOps / Sysadmin
Electrifying transportation is one of the most important and transformative endeavors of the 21st century. Marain is a simulation-first fleet planning and operations software startup on a mission to make electric transportation ubiquitous. Founded in 2018 and based in the San Francisco Bay Area, our origins are in Stanford's Autonomous Systems Lab and UC Berkeley/LBNL's Behavior, Energy, Autonomy, and Mobility (BEAM) program. Our team combines experience from organizations including Google, NASA, Uber and Williams F1. We are building solutions for current and future operators of large fleets of centrally controlled electric—and ultimately autonomous—vehicles operated in high-utilization and stochastic demand contexts. Our customers & partners are some of the largest and most demanding companies in the autonomy, mobility and charging infrastructure sectors. We are looking for exceptional people who are as excited as we are to solve complex problems, build a unique company and make an impact on how people and things move in our world.
In the DevOps role you will work with a highly motivated team pioneering new products in a rapidly growing industry poised to permanently change how mobility is delivered. You will design, build, operate, and maintain the core services that comprise Marain's software products and engineering workflows. You will be instrumental in scaling and augmenting the resiliency of Marain's cloud infrastructure as we expand our customer base. You will identify opportunities to improve the efficiency and robustness of existing development and deployment workflows and practices. In the role you will:
- Own all aspects of cloud infrastructure, including resource allocation, data provenance, network operations, security, database administration, CI/CD, and budgeting.
- Monitor, diagnose, and remediate problems with system health, performance, and security.
- Constantly pursue opportunities to automate manual cloud management tasks, reduce operating costs, and surface insights to the engineering team
- Continuously improve technical documentation for engineering staff.
- Lead effort to scale our cloud-based high-performance simulation workflow to facilitate multiple concurrent customer projects.
- Support development of the next generation of our internal and customer-facing analytics tools
- Support secure automation of new employee and contractor onboarding/offboarding
- BS in Computer Science/related discipline or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years experience with infrastructure design and development
- Confidence, comfort, and extensive experience working with the following AWS services: EC2, ELB, IAM, Route 53, VPC, RDS, Systems Manager, S3
- 1+ years of experience working with docker, Kubernetes (cloud-agnostic, but preferred on AWS via kops or EKS), and Helm
- Working knowledge of or familiarity with configuring and automating many of the following AWS services: ECR, ECS, KMS, Batch, Cognito, EKS, API gateway, CloudTrail, Autoscaling, SNS/SES.
- 3+ years developing automation tools in Python and shell scripting languages (bash/zsh) in a Linux environment.
- A deep understanding of networking concepts and internet protocols
- AWS Certification: Solutions Architect and/or AWS SysOps Administrator
- Experience working with modern CI/CD platforms such as Jenkins/Cloudbees, Bitbucket pipelines
- Knowledge of one or more workflow automation technologies such as Airflow/prefect, Luigi, Nextflow, Autosys, Ansible
- Proficiency in developing automation tools using a type-safe compiled language, e.g., Scala or Java
- Experience with JupyterHub (preferably deployed on Kubernetes).
- Experience with infrastructure configuration management software such as CloudFormation/Terraform
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈